Maemo-Leste is Working on Pinephone
Another community working mostly outside of the Pine64 forums is Maemo-Leste.  They take the very mature Maemo OS of the Nokia N900 and upgrade it with Deuvian(no systemd) to modern standards as well as adding apps from the rich Maemo mobile app repos.

I like the developed and alt flagship phone deployed UI much better than Phosh, has anyone else booted up an SD of Maemo-Leste for a test drive for function or for nostalgia?

https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?p=...ost1574282
Yes I like it, I even managed to build Rockbox music player from the terminal, and it runs ok, but no audio,  audio is supposed to be working on the July 31st build, do you know how to enable audio to work?
(08-23-2022, 02:10 PM)c3l@ Wrote: Yes I like it, I even managed to build Rockbox music player from the terminal, and it runs ok, but no audio,  audio is supposed to be working on the July 31st build, do you know how to enable audio to work?

I am not, and have not used Leste but still interact with the Maemo community boards.  Try asking over at http://talk.maemo.org
(06-23-2022, 02:51 AM)biketool Wrote: Another community working mostly outside of the Pine64 forums is Maemo-Leste.  They take the very mature Maemo OS of the Nokia N900 and upgrade it with Deuvian(no systemd) to modern standards as well as adding apps from the rich Maemo mobile app repos.

I use Devuan on desktop and laptop so Maemo Leste is appealing.  Is there MMS support?  I see a comatose project called fMMS but is there anything else?
I got Maemo-Leste to boot on my Pine Phone yesterday.  Considering I've used the Nokia N900 with Maemo running on it for the past decade it was nice to see the very familiar (identical) system on the Pine Phone.  Seems as if it should work well.  The digital keyboard isn't perfect, but it functions okay.
Foolishly I used a corrupt MicroSD card to boot Maemo-Leste and it only worked one.  I couldn't reboot it without reflashing the Maemo-Leste image to the SD card again.  (Is this because there's something written to the SD card when the system's running or powers down?...and it was write protected?)  I'm sure it'll work when I get a good MicroSD card.
It was great to see useful notes from the developers pop-up on the screen after it finished booting the first time.

I've been to maemo.org in the past.  The community there was useful for Maemo on my N900.  I bet they'll be similarly knowledgeable with Maemo-Leste on the Pine Phone.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Something about Maemo Leste merom 0 364 05-17-2023, 03:11 PM
Last Post: merom
  Setting up Maemo Mangled 5 2,524 08-13-2022, 01:39 PM
Last Post: Mangled
Heart Getting Started: Maemo Leste - Devuan / Debian distro for your PinePhone buffer 1 3,930 03-02-2020, 06:20 PM
Last Post: buffer