Phone is unresponsive
Thumbs Down 
After an upgrade, I came back and the phone was dead. I've tried several of the troubleshooting techniques on the Wiki, but the device is completely unresponsive. Even plugged in and with a new SD Card. 
I tested the battery and there is a ~3.0V charge. Documentation says 3.3V is needed, but I'm not sure why the device is complete dead. 

Please help. Thank you.
If that is on a regular PinePhone I would suggest you to flash JumpDrive on the microSD card and boot that. JumpDrive will boot with a drained battery and you can let the phone charge in that for a few hours.
(06-22-2022, 03:18 PM)theneedful Wrote: After an upgrade, I came back and the phone was dead. I've tried several of the troubleshooting techniques on the Wiki, but the device is completely unresponsive. Even plugged in and with a new SD Card. 
I tested the battery and there is a ~3.0V charge. Documentation says 3.3V is needed, but I'm not sure why the device is complete dead. 

Please help. Thank you.
I didn't understand if you measured voltage from the battery contacts... if so you need to recharge, 3V is too low.
(06-22-2022, 04:55 PM)albafrati Wrote:
(06-22-2022, 03:18 PM)theneedful Wrote: After an upgrade, I came back and the phone was dead. I've tried several of the troubleshooting techniques on the Wiki, but the device is completely unresponsive. Even plugged in and with a new SD Card. 

Please help. Thank you.
I didn't understand if you measured voltage from the battery contacts... if so you need to recharge, 3V is too low.

Yes, I tested the battery with a multimeter and it shoed 3.3V the 2nd time. I also left the device charging over night and there is no change. The Pine64 phone Pro is complete unresponsive to any button combination and is not detected by the USB on a computer. 
Are there any other steps I can try or do I need to get a replacement?
If you already followed fxc hint without success you cold try to charge battery with external charger. I could manage to charge many batteries using a voltage and current controlled power supply. If you choose 4.1V and 300-500mA values you should succeed in charging. If the phone won't start with battery charged there must be something broken on the phone.
(06-23-2022, 06:50 PM)albafrati Wrote: If you already followed fxc hint without success you cold try to charge battery with external charger. I could manage to charge many batteries using a voltage and current controlled power supply. If you choose 4.1V and 300-500mA values you should succeed in charging. If the phone won't start with battery charged there must be something broken on the phone.

Thanks for the suggestion. Is there a charger you can recommend? Cheaper the better. I'm working on a budget. ?
If this is a Pinephone Pro, you can charge the battery in mask rom mode. See the info in the wiki:

https://wiki.pine64.org/wiki/PinePhone_P...ly_drained
(06-27-2022, 05:23 PM)theneedful Wrote:
(06-23-2022, 06:50 PM)albafrati Wrote: If you already followed fxc hint without success you cold try to charge battery with external charger. I could manage to charge many batteries using a voltage and current controlled power supply. If you choose 4.1V and 300-500mA values you should succeed in charging. If the phone won't start with battery charged there must be something broken on the phone.

Thanks for the suggestion. Is there a charger you can recommend? Cheaper the better. I'm working on a budget. ?

AFAIK there's not a specific charger that can host that battery. As I wrote you can try with a desk power supply, there are many on any market starting fron about 50€. Anyway you have to build something to connect to the battery contacts.
this is an example:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071RNT1CD/ref...k_detail_3?
Pine64 battery charger for PinePhone battery $4.99

See: https://pine64.com/product/pinephone-battery-charger/

(TBH "on a budget" words incompatible with splurging on a $399 Pinephone Pro, or due diligence that should accompany such a purchase i.e. knowing there is a charger sold from the same store as the phone, that can be bought at the same time.)
(06-27-2022, 05:23 PM)theneedful Wrote:

Mind that it is possible that the battery is completely flat, such batteries don't like getting fully drained. On the wiki there are some compatible batteries listed, which you can order from Amazon, Ebay etc., which might be worth a try.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Phone will not turn on (but sometimes will) insidetrip101 10 4,367 08-18-2023, 04:28 AM
Last Post: spha
  Pine phone main board part Generaltuxenburg 1 915 07-31-2023, 07:50 PM
Last Post: tllim
  No calls on Pine Phone Beta convergence edition polypode 1 1,108 03-06-2023, 08:04 PM
Last Post: rocket2nfinity
  Pine phone USB keyboard connection CleanEnergyCleanEnvironment 1 1,052 02-20-2023, 12:14 AM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  Phone Dead Already? MarsColonist 4 2,546 08-11-2022, 11:52 AM
Last Post: auanta
  PPKB with phone; phone dies while charging SwordfishII 1 1,290 06-08-2022, 04:14 AM
Last Post: SwordfishII
  PWM whine near earpiece in low signal phone call and loud sound sent to the other end vortex 29 25,477 01-14-2022, 11:00 AM
Last Post: eugenr
Shocked Pine phone caught on fire after inserting SDcard majikbear 6 3,475 12-01-2021, 01:34 AM
Last Post: ryo
  Battery phone case expected? Cpm 1 2,020 08-10-2021, 03:29 PM
Last Post: 33YN2
  Pine Phone Battery Issue vslash 21 18,269 08-09-2021, 07:35 AM
Last Post: mouffa