Dead Pro?
I have a pinephone pro that was working fine.  I left it alone for a few days and came back to a completely dead phone.  It won't charge.  I tried plugging it in overnight on a 5v charger and it didn't charge.  I tried pulling the sim's and using the RE button and nothing happens.  Is there anything I can do or am I in the send it back phase?

*EDIT - NEVERMIND*

I also have a community edition phone.  I swapped batteries and put the ce battery in the pro and it booted.  I put the dead pro battery in the ce and plugged it in and its charging.  What a weird problem to have.
(06-10-2022, 07:17 PM)Sohen Wrote: I have a pinephone pro that was working fine.  I left it alone for a few days and came back to a completely dead phone.  It won't charge.  I tried plugging it in overnight on a 5v charger and it didn't charge.  I tried pulling the sim's and using the RE button and nothing happens.  Is there anything I can do or am I in the send it back phase?

*EDIT - NEVERMIND*

I also have a community edition phone.  I swapped batteries and put the ce battery in the pro and it booted.  I put the dead pro battery in the ce and plugged it in and its charging.  What a weird problem to have.

I have been using the charged battery for my PP and inserting it into the PPP for a while now and have suggested that to others on this forum.  I do that to avoid the charging non-sense that occurs with the PPP.  I have been told by some supposed experts on this phone that the charging issues are controlled by the code in the installed OS and not any basic code installed in the bios equivalent of the basic phone software.  If they are right, it is up to the developers for each OS to fix the charging code for their OS.  I don't see that any OS has solved the charging issues.  I am not convinced that the charging code is owned by the OS and I think PinePhone is responsible for making a phone they are selling charge properly.  This goes also for many of the other inherent problems, e.g., boot sequence, wake from suspend.

tom kosvic
(06-10-2022, 07:17 PM)Sohen Wrote: I have a pinephone pro that was working fine.  I left it alone for a few days and came back to a completely dead phone.  It won't charge.  I tried plugging it in overnight on a 5v charger and it didn't charge.  I tried pulling the sim's and using the RE button and nothing happens.  Is there anything I can do or am I in the send it back phase?

*EDIT - NEVERMIND*

Please see https://wiki.pine64.org/wiki/PinePhone_P...ly_drained

Your solution of swapping batteries with the regular PinePhone will work too, as U-Boot doesn't boot loop with the drained battery there.