Airmouse Issues
Hello all,

So I've tried using the airmouse that comes with the kick starter backer kit and cannot seem to get the thing to do anything. The sparse instruction sheet that came with it is no help so I figured I would reach out to you guys to see if anyone else has had issue or can help me.

I'll relay what I've done to try and use it with me dell laptop. I plug in the wifi dongle and it shows in my devices as "airmouse". Then I try to pair it to the receiver and from what the instruction sheet says it looks like it pairs correctly, but when I try to use it to move the mouse around, nothing. To pair, I press down vol - and vol + until the green light goes solid, let go and then wait till the light goes off before I try using it.

What am I doing wrong here?
(07-07-2016, 11:27 AM)warpwookie Wrote: Hello all,

So I've tried using the airmouse that comes with the kick starter backer kit and cannot seem to get the thing to do anything. The sparse instruction sheet that came with it is no help so I figured I would reach out to you guys to see if anyone else has had issue or can help me.

I'll relay what I've done to try and use it with me dell laptop. I plug in the wifi dongle and it shows in my devices as "airmouse". Then I try to pair it to the receiver and from what the instruction sheet says it looks like it pairs correctly, but when I try to use it to move the mouse around, nothing. To pair, I press down vol - and vol + until the green light goes solid, let go and then wait till the light goes off before I try using it.

What am I doing wrong here?

Seems correct. If still cannot work, please PM me.
Did you push the button on the mouse side to take control of the pointer?

I believe it is the lowest row middle button. It took me a while to figure it out.
I tried using the button with the power symbol and the button with the mouse with the squiggles on the sides. nothing seems to do anything, also charged it for a few hours again just to make sure it has enough power.  the only reaction i get out of it is the led will flash green rapidly when a button is pressed but nothing happens on screen.  Sad think it got an broken one or the factory pairing didn't take or something Sad
Did some tests. Always got connection and at least the mouse to work. Keyboard sometimes doesn't. But always got connection. Sounds like yours is a Monday morning sample
(07-12-2016, 08:30 AM)warpwookie Wrote: I tried using the button with the power symbol and the button with the mouse with the squiggles on the sides. nothing seems to do anything, also charged it for a few hours again just to make sure it has enough power.  the only reaction i get out of it is the led will flash green rapidly when a button is pressed but nothing happens on screen.  Sad think it got an broken one or the factory pairing didn't take or something Sad

I had a similar experience to the above -- I was unable to pair the "air mouse" at all with the dongle.  But I did finally succeed.  Hopefully this method will work for others.

I had the same problem after I received my backer kit package including the air mouse.
I could not get it successfully paired whatever I tried on the Pine A64 -- following the vague instructions to press "Vol -" and "Vol +" simultaneously and holding for 3 seconds and waiting for the green light on the remote to go solid, and then releasing the two buttons.

I eventually connected the USB dongle to my Windows laptop, but still could not get the air mouse to pair with the dongle.
Next step was to confirm that the USB dongle was working -- I was able to confirm that the USB dongle was working using "USBDeview" -- available for download at: http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/usb_devices_view.html (see bottom of the page).

After confirming that the dongle was ok, I tried multiple times to pair the air mouse with the dongle on my laptop with no success, trying the air mouse at multiple distances from the dongle and in line with the dongle only a cm or two away.  Nothing worked.

So, I began searching for websites for similar "air mouse" products hoping I would find a solution.  It looks like it is commonly referred to as the "C120".  I started searching for "C120 pairing".

I found the following website that eventually enabled me to successfully pair my air mouse with the dongle on the PC.  I have not yet tried it on the Pine A64 again, but I expect it to work.

See:   http://www.acemax.net.cn/blog/air-mouse-...ir-91.html

I followed the below procedure exactly and it worked the first (or second) time.

The most important step seemed to be the step after doing the pairing procedure -- [ i.e. connect dongle to USB port, hold Vol- & Vol+ for 3 seconds until green light is solid green and then release ]
The next steps solved it for me - disconnect the dongle from the USB port, hold "OK" and "Power" together for 5 to 10 seconds and then release and wait for green light to stop blinking, then re-connect the dongle into the USB port.

After I did this it started working perfectly for me.   Big Grin

Hope this can help others save wasting time who experience the same problem after they receive their kits.

I'm now going to go try my air mouse on my Pine 64.  Hoping it's going to continue to work.

---

Sometimes the C120 Air mouse USB Receiver  can not pair with the keyboard/air mouse, here is the solutions(When you plug in the USB receiver into the tv box or computer, the light is always shining, that means you have to re pair):

First plug in the USB receiver into TV Box or computer,

Then Press  buttons Vol+ and Vol- at the same time, long press, the green light will change from quickly flashing into no flashing., then shining long, that means paired success.

MX3 Air Mouse and Keyboard Steps

Remove USB receiver dongle from TV Box or computer, press button OK and TV on the air mouse at the same time around 5 - 10 seconds, Light flash abnormal.

Then insert the USB receiver dongle into Box or computer again.

Succeed

---
I found when I tried to pair mine, it wouldn't work. But I saw someone else state they had left their mouse sitting there for an hour or so because they forgot about it, and when they came back it was fine. So I tried the same. I did the pairing thing of the volume buttons, then left the remote next to the pine for maybe half hour or so. Sure enough when I came back, it was working. And I've had no problems since.
Kickstarter backer #5,864  --  SBC Noob  --  SE Michigan, USA
I never received a usb dongle in my box. No wonder I'm unable to get it working. I thought it was bluetooth or something.
How can I get a replacement?

Thanks
(08-03-2016, 05:16 AM)Legion Wrote: I never received a usb dongle in my box. No wonder I'm unable to get it working. I thought it was bluetooth or something.

Thanks

Is it possible it is stored in the device... sometimes the device will have a storage compartment for the usb receiver ?

... its just an idea.
marcushh777    Cool

please join us for a chat @  irc.pine64.xyz:6667   or ssl  irc.pine64.xyz:6697

( I regret that I am not able to respond to personal messages;  let's meet on irc! )
(08-03-2016, 09:14 AM)MarkHaysHarris777 Wrote:
(08-03-2016, 05:16 AM)Legion Wrote: I never received a usb dongle in my box. No wonder I'm unable to get it working. I thought it was bluetooth or something.

Thanks

Is it possible it is stored in the device... sometimes the device will have a storage compartment for the usb receiver ?

... its just an idea.

Was a good idea. 
Afraid its not. The airmouse is sealed - just dropped a message back on the kickstarter page to see if I  can get a replacement.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Airmouse only works on AC power? Chisel_86 4 6,920 08-31-2016, 07:16 PM
Last Post: pfeerick