Troubleshooting and Understanding MMS
My APN list on Verizon is almost a dozen entries...switching to vzwapp to see what happens. Anyone doing anything with the MMSC values?

Also, any consensus on what "purple accounts" is good for?
(06-10-2022, 11:27 AM)98cwitr Wrote: My APN list on Verizon is almost a dozen entries...switching to vzwapp to see what happens. Anyone doing anything with the MMSC values?

You'll have to use vzwapp for the MMSC as well if you want to get MMS messages.  I think purple accounts are for IRC.
(06-10-2022, 01:15 PM)treebeard Wrote:
(06-10-2022, 11:27 AM)98cwitr Wrote: My APN list on Verizon is almost a dozen entries...switching to vzwapp to see what happens. Anyone doing anything with the MMSC values?

You'll have to use vzwapp for the MMSC as well if you want to get MMS messages.  I think purple accounts are for IRC.

SUCCESS! Set both the APN under Settings->Mobile Networks and in Chatty preferences to vzwapp, an the MMSC to http://mms.vtext.com/servlets/mms
 and the flood of missed texts, both SMS and MMS came inbound.
(06-12-2022, 08:03 AM)98cwitr Wrote:
(06-10-2022, 01:15 PM)treebeard Wrote:

SUCCESS! Set both the APN under Settings->Mobile Networks and in Chatty preferences to vzwapp, an the MMSC to http://mms.vtext.com/servlets/mms
 and the flood of missed texts, both SMS and MMS came inbound.

Were you able to use mobile data at the same time?  Earlier posts indicate one must use "vzwinternet" for mobile data, but doing so disables MMS.
I have observed a similar split of functionalities between apns, "vzwapp" for MMS and "vzwinternet" for data, but neither for both.
What OS and Chatty version are you all on? (I'm doing a fresh install of Manjaro + Phosh beta 23 now to see if that helps the crashes I'm getting on my p-boot-provided beta 21 and Chatty 0.6.0_beta-20-g848e35e5+.)
(06-14-2022, 04:51 PM)epiii2 Wrote: What OS and Chatty version are you all on?  (I'm doing a fresh install of Manjaro + Phosh beta 23 now to see if that helps the crashes I'm getting on my p-boot-provided beta 21 and Chatty 0.6.0_beta-20-g848e35e5+.)

Mobian + Phosh (with whatever the latest standard updates are as of today), Chatty ver. 0.6.4.
(06-14-2022, 05:23 PM)npesall Wrote: Mobian + Phosh (with whatever the latest standard updates are as of today), Chatty ver. 0.6.4.

Thanks!  I'm on the same (after install+update) and at first I didn't understand why MMS options were grayed out in Chatty... until I realized mmsd-tng wasn't installed by default.  Installed that, and now it let me fill in the MMS/APN stuff through the UI, and Chatty thankfully doesn't crash anymore.  I'll have to see about actual MMSs tomorrow.
Actually, Chatty might not crash anymore, but now I'm back to no incoming messages at all.  Weird.  Anything else I might need to do on a stock Manjaro + Phosh install to get things working?  I'll poke at it more tomorrow.
Incoming SMS don't show up anywhere anymore, not with mmcli or in Chatty or anywhere in the logs I can see. And that's even true for my separate older OS install on an SD card where it was recently working. Outgoing works, incoming doesn't. I'm stumped!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Big Grin troubleshooting Chatty / modem? no SMS outbound vap0rtranz 5 3,624 02-14-2022, 12:15 PM
Last Post: vap0rtranz