SOPINE Hardware Settings
Hi All,

Apologies for the simple questions, but I want to confirm a few things before we design this module into our system.

1. We are effectively using no analog signals (i.e, HDMI, Headphones, Microphone) in this design. On the baseboard we are designing I am planning to leave these pins floating. Is that okay to do?

2. I am powering the device through a DC wall wart. There is no battery in the design. For the pins that connect to the battery port of the PMIC, can I leave these open?

3. Should I power the COM from the DCIN ports, USBVBUS ports, or both? I noticed on the baseboard you design that these signals have a population option to be connected together.

4.How should the PWR_ON signal for the PMIC be used? Should it be pulled up or down to turn the device on? Or is it only edge triggered?
(05-23-2022, 08:07 AM)nmamore Wrote: Hi All,

Apologies for the simple questions, but I want to confirm a few things before we design this module into our system.

1. We are effectively using no analog signals (i.e, HDMI, Headphones, Microphone) in this design. On the baseboard we are designing I am planning to leave these pins floating. Is that okay to do?

2. I am powering the device through a DC wall wart. There is no battery in the design. For the pins that connect to the battery port of the PMIC, can I leave these open?

3. Should I power the COM from the DCIN ports, USBVBUS ports, or both? I noticed on the baseboard you design that these signals have a population option to be connected together.

4.How should the PWR_ON signal for the PMIC be used? Should it be pulled up or down to turn the device on? Or is it only edge triggered?

1. just left floating.
2. leave open
3. DCIN
4. by default, SOPine will auto power up once received power. The PWR_ON just act like a push button,.
(06-07-2022, 04:52 PM)tllim Wrote:
(05-23-2022, 08:07 AM)nmamore Wrote: Hi All,

1. just left floating.
2. leave open
3. DCIN
4. by default, SOPine will auto power up once received power. The PWR_ON just act like a push button,.

Thank you so much! I figured as much for these questions, but wanted to extra confirmation. We are not planning to use a power button, the system will boot as soon as it receives power. So I will leave the PWR_ON pin floating.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SOPINE Upgrade in the works? jgullickson 1 4,046 05-13-2020, 05:54 PM
Last Post: poVoq
  SOPINE Hardware Info ehrack 2 4,640 10-20-2018, 05:23 PM
Last Post: gamelaster
  is it possible to connect 2 Ethernet port to SOPINE module? eddylai 2 5,261 05-03-2017, 12:01 PM
Last Post: bobpaul
  SOPINE controller? Paraplegic Racehorse 4 8,074 03-01-2017, 01:48 AM
Last Post: MarkHaysHarris777
  SoPINE kicad part maya.b 0 3,126 02-24-2017, 06:39 AM
Last Post: maya.b
  Sopine ktc 2 5,329 02-19-2017, 10:21 PM
Last Post: ktc
  Sopine Module and USB HDMI mbt28 1 4,319 01-23-2017, 08:13 AM
Last Post: MarkHaysHarris777