Phone Dead Already?
I had the phone charged to a large degree, then got occupied with some other things in life.  Came back several days later to use it... and it wouldn't turn on. 

While this seemed odd since I thought I had a decent charge on it... I plugged it into the charger with the red charging cable it came with. 

With my Apple phone, seems like I would get some kind of indicator on-screen within a few minutes that the phone had started charging, and I would soon be able to power it on.  However, with the PinePhone Pro Explorer edition... I can't seem to get any such indication it is charging, and it certainly does not power on even though it's been charging there for... idk 10 or 20 minutes I would guess?

What could be the problem here?

Just got the phone like within the last few weeks and haven't used it that much.

EDIT: Is the Pinephone Pro hardware so low quality my phone died after like... a week of usage? Unbelievable.
(05-19-2022, 01:55 PM)MarsColonist Wrote: I had the phone charged to a large degree, then got occupied with some other things in life.  Came back several days later to use it... and it wouldn't turn on. 

While this seemed odd since I thought I had a decent charge on it... I plugged it into the charger with the red charging cable it came with. 

With my Apple phone, seems like I would get some kind of indicator on-screen within a few minutes that the phone had started charging, and I would soon be able to power it on.  However, with the PinePhone Pro Explorer edition... I can't seem to get any such indication it is charging, and it certainly does not power on even though it's been charging there for... idk 10 or 20 minutes I would guess?

What could be the problem here?

Just got the phone like within the last few weeks and haven't used it that much.

EDIT: Is the Pinephone Pro hardware so low quality my phone died after like... a week of usage? Unbelievable.

Not sure if there is any difference between the Pro and regular PP, but mine immediately turns on when plugged in.
Only if the battery is very discharged, it may take a few attempts to boot (because the battery then discharges too much during startup and causes the phone to shut off / start again).
This may not work for the Pro, but on the regular Pinephone, holding the power button for 17 seconds does a hard reboot. I've had to use it fairly often when the phone becomes completely unresponsive. You may be able to recover it that way.
https://wiki.pine64.org/wiki/PinePhone_P...ly_drained
Hi, @MarsColonist I have a Braveheart and I've been through the blunders of thinking it's dead and getting all disappointed. It's not dead. The thing is (and I don't know which version you have..) it discharges while turned off, in my experience. I'm currently charging my battery as we speak. To do that, I have an external battery charger (https://pine64.com/product/pinephone-battery-charger/). There are other ways to get it back up, someone mentioned JumpDrive... Check the wiki (https://wiki.pine64.org/wiki/PinePhone_P...ly_drained) as this is a known issue. I think with further development (software?) this will get resolved.

And in order to properly charge it, it must be a high enough voltage... It took me forever to realize that I had to plug the cable into a wall adapter that would supply enough voltage. There's an adapter I received from Pine64 and I used that, plugging in the wall adapter --> to the cable --> to the external charger. But this is not the right way, because the wall adapter having multiple ports, splits the charge. It has to be 1 single-port wall charger (or female USB port) --> cable --> external battery charger.

The other thing I had to realize is that the light has to at least turn red (green is full charge), to indicate a charge. If the light is off, it is not charging! The solution is to get enough volts to charge it, because it won't take a 2 or 3 volt! I'm telling ya'll so you don't worry.

For the time being, my phone being a Braveheart, it's the only way I know to bring it back on from a complete discharge. I might figure out another way. TLDR the phone is not dead.

Also, on a new board, you have to install the OS. Insert a flashed SD card.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  digitizer dead Uturn 1 1,304 08-24-2023, 08:14 PM
Last Post: nroth
  Phone will not turn on (but sometimes will) insidetrip101 10 4,376 08-18-2023, 04:28 AM
Last Post: spha
  Pine phone main board part Generaltuxenburg 1 916 07-31-2023, 07:50 PM
Last Post: tllim
  No calls on Pine Phone Beta convergence edition polypode 1 1,108 03-06-2023, 08:04 PM
Last Post: rocket2nfinity
  Pine phone USB keyboard connection CleanEnergyCleanEnvironment 1 1,052 02-20-2023, 12:14 AM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  PinePhone Beta dead - no boot-related output on serial interface horalocal 1 1,256 02-15-2023, 11:21 AM
Last Post: fxc
Thumbs Down Phone is unresponsive theneedful 14 7,186 08-12-2022, 08:18 AM
Last Post: theneedful
  PPKB with phone; phone dies while charging SwordfishII 1 1,293 06-08-2022, 04:14 AM
Last Post: SwordfishII
  Modem Dead? grimlok 5 3,316 03-12-2022, 04:38 PM
Last Post: bcnaz
  Dead Microphone? Pulsar 4 3,643 02-16-2022, 12:58 PM
Last Post: mysociallife