Reinstall Ubuntu Touch on PinePhone with 10 drives?
I installed Ubuntu Touch according this instruction:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zf0zwq6jI30

It worked fine. Then I tried to install LibreOffice with several methods:

https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=16614

None of them worked. I thought that there could be a memory problem, because I received several error messages regarding this topic, so I decided to reinsall Ubuntu Touch with the above method.

But when I connect my PinePhone via JumpDrive to a running Echer software

- and I want to select a target, I can see the 32 GB SD external card with JumpDrive

then I see another JumpDrive USB device with 15 GB with drive letters D – Q (10 differnt drives). When I unplug the usb cable of the PinePhone, the 10 drives dissapear, as well as the external card with JumpDrive.

I am confused about the 10 drives on the PinePhone. They where not there during my fist installation. My goal is to reinstall Ubuntu Touch. But which target drive shall I choose? This is confusing. Or is there a way to reformat the PinePhone to get rid of the 10 drives? Angry .
(05-16-2022, 05:01 AM)Peter Gamma Wrote: I installed Ubuntu Touch according this instruction:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zf0zwq6jI30

It worked fine. Then I tried to install LibreOffice with several methods:

https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=16614

None of them worked. I thought that there could be a memory problem, because I received several error messages regarding this topic, so I decided to reinsall Ubuntu Touch with the above method.

But when I connect my PinePhone via JumpDrive to a running Echer software

- and I want to select a target, I can see the 32 GB SD external card with JumpDrive

then I see another JumpDrive USB device with 15 GB with drive letters D – Q (10 differnt drives). When I unplug the usb cable of the PinePhone, the 10 drives dissapear, as well as the external card with JumpDrive.

I am confused about the 10 drives on the PinePhone. They where not there during my fist installation. My goal is to reinstall Ubuntu Touch. But which target drive shall I choose? This is confusing. Or is there a way to reformat the PinePhone to get rid of the 10 drives? Angry .

i tell it this way. i encountered issues with debian host o.s., some cases debian saw drive sizes incorrectly from jumpdrive usb. rebooting debian helped. weird part was, even disconnecting usb and reconnecting, drive sizes were still wrong.

try rebooting windows.
Reboot Windows did not solve the problem. I could flash the internal phone SD card with etcher when running JumpDrive. Should it not possible to format the internal SD cart completely when connected to Windows and reformat the 10 drives?
I connected the phone via usb to my Windows PC, opened the Windows Data Storage Management Tool. Then I deleted all the 10 drives. After that I installed PostmarkedOS Posh, since I already have a PinePhone keyboard, and it worked Smile .
After installing PostmarkedOS Posh, I installed Ubuntu Touch again, and tried to install LibreOffice with Libertine which failed, Then, I wanted to go back to Posh once more.

Again, there where 10 drives on the PinePhone. I suppose they are caused by the Ubuntu Touch installation and the failed LibreOffice installation.

I had to delete those 10 drives a second time with the Windows Drive Management Tool, which was successful, to install Posh again.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ubuntu Touch on Pine64 Rondarius 11 3,001 10-11-2023, 12:36 PM
Last Post: Rondarius
  ADB support on Pinephone Sumwun 3 682 09-27-2023, 04:04 PM
Last Post: Sumwun
  Ubuntu Touch vs Standard Pinephone OS MarsColonist 8 5,426 06-26-2023, 07:50 AM
Last Post: gregb49
  PinePhone and PinePhone Pro 20.04 Focal Install and Update c3l@ 0 655 05-12-2023, 05:06 AM
Last Post: c3l@
  PinePhone UBPorts Edition stuck on PINE64 logo screen Giovanni Iannotti 4 4,723 09-01-2021, 01:20 PM
Last Post: Giovanni Iannotti
  Images won't boot past pinephone logo remington_luger 9 9,297 08-22-2021, 09:56 AM
Last Post: remington_luger
  GhostCloud workaround for PinePhone mark1250 1 3,089 08-12-2021, 02:53 AM
Last Post: Uturn
  UB Touch build with debos layton-dev 0 2,177 04-23-2021, 08:12 AM
Last Post: layton-dev
  Ubuntu Touch with OTA updates Luke 131 162,271 04-21-2021, 12:20 PM
Last Post: Nooblife
  Whats the latest with UB touch? Cree 9 10,996 03-11-2021, 10:59 AM
Last Post: andybleaden@gmail.com