Waydroid on Pinephone Pro (solution for users)
Rainbow 
This is my first post on these forums, and hopefully on that's useful to people:

I'm a independent developer for the PinePhone Pro (I received a dev model when they where available to order, and have

been working on stuff since receiving it).

I have made a script I dubbed Manjaro Waydroid Manager.

This program will automate installation of Waydroid on Manjaro arm on the Pinephone pro, including video acceleration, gapps / non gapps support, and more.

I hope people find this helpful if they're struggling with Waydroid on their Pros

https://github.com/MadameMalady/Manjaro-...id-Manager
Nice, thanks. Works on Arch too.

I think enable/disable scripts are swapped. Anyway I have edited file manually and it worked.
Very helpful @MadameMalady /FOSSingularity, thank you for your relentless efforts pursuing this and other scripts! I noted from your posts via Nitter that you had marked this as being for PinePhone / Pro so does that mean the script will work for both the OG PP and the PPP?
(05-14-2022, 04:34 AM)3460p Wrote: Very helpful @MadameMalady /FOSSingularity, thank you for your relentless efforts pursuing this and other scripts! I noted from your posts via Nitter that you had marked this as being for PinePhone / Pro so does that mean the script will work for both the OG PP and the PPP?

I'm glad you like it!

I'm not certain yet, I've not gone through and tested it on the ce , but I can't think of a good reason it wouldn't off the top of my head.
As it grows I've updated the git several times, as well as its description, which currently lists only the Pinephone Pho on Manjaro arm.
I've had people ask this, as well as if it works with the pinebook /pro, I sadly don't have the means to test on anything but the pinephone pro atm (tests on my ce pinephone for some functions would take extremely long, and very much slow down my development time.
If anyone tests on the CE / Pinebook(s) and submits the results as new issues, i'll add the information to a 'compatibility' section of the README .me for others.

(05-14-2022, 02:47 AM)ertizpau Wrote: Nice, thanks. Works on Arch too.

I think enable/disable scripts are swapped. Anyway I have edited file manually and it worked.
You're welcome, glad you like it!

So, i you mean how a first-time-install /init renders a black / buggy screen, this is covered in the 'Help!' entry
(I'm relatively certain they're in the correct places, will double check later, this codes getting longer to read ^^")
The default settings on the pro for graphics aren't correct, so after initial installation, immediately toggle it on manually.
Which is the order of numbers
2 and 3 and then reboot or all one after the other and then reboot,?
I clicked waydroid icon but full screen with the icon and doing nothing.
Perhaps a more extended explanation for newbies would be good
(05-16-2022, 09:40 AM)Emilio Wrote: Which is the order of numbers

Run each one at a time, I am planning to re-do the 'Help!' section soon to be easier and more informative to understand.
(05-16-2022, 04:02 PM)MadameMalady Wrote:
(05-16-2022, 09:40 AM)Emilio Wrote: Which is the order of numbers

Run each one at a time, I am planning to re-do the 'Help!' section soon to be easier and more informative to understand.
I appreciate that. I have Manjaro Plasma Mobile on my PPP and I saw a lot of icons but without icon, only the name and affecting others installed.
And for your help. Once you install waydroid+Gapps and you see an icon on the desktop, what do you do,? Just click the icon of the application and waydroid wake up or fist you wake up waydroid and then click on the application icon,?
Regards. Emílio
Thank you!!!!!

I had Waydroid working on a older version of Manjaro Phosh install but recently reflashed a newer version and couldnt get it working manually after spending some time on it. Found this and was able to setup it up and now its working.

Couple things regarding the script - and maybe im not using it correctly -
  • When I was on the "additional page, i couldnt type in '10' to go back to the main selection menu, since after hitting '1', it would select that option.
  • On the main selection page, hitting '7' to exit the program didnt exit (showed the notification of "Thanks for using ....) but it just went back to the selection screen.

Also once inside Waydroid, loading the default browser, it would load (blank white screen) and then crash. Going try to sideload a different browser .apk and see what happens.

Thanks again
Proud Owner : 
OG Pinephone 
Pinetime
Pinetab
Thank you for the work you have put into your script. I tried running it but I ran into a problem because I am new at this. I was able to get the script to run but I didn't know which options to choose. For example, should I use hardware graphics or not (I am not sure about the PPP's hardware capabilities). It would be helpful if you could include an explanation of the options presented in the script in your readme file. I am finding that Linux has a steep learning curve because most of what is written in guides assumes at least a basic knowledge (say for things like extracting packages, changing directories, etc.). Anyway, thanks again for sharing your script with us.
If you're still looking for a hardware-accelerated solution, these directions are tested-working (cross-posting for visibility): https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=17369

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  bookworm vs trixie discussion for mobian in pinephone pro. zetabeta 9 1,467 02-20-2024, 12:40 PM
Last Post: mburns
  Tow-Boot, a new U-Boot option for Pinephone Pro and other devices Ulfnic 60 43,597 02-13-2024, 02:54 PM
Last Post: fxc
  A Btrfs Image for Arch SXMO on the Pinephone Pro mburns 2 743 11-23-2023, 08:44 AM
  Rhino Linux does not seem ready for the PinePhone Pro. mburns 2 881 11-23-2023, 08:39 AM
  Megapixels on Mobian Bookworm on PinePhone Pro - Not Launching X0X0X0X0X0 1 634 11-07-2023, 09:44 AM
  Seeking Contributors: Apache NuttX Real-Time Operating System for PinePhone Pro lupyuen 2 1,634 09-14-2023, 07:23 PM
Last Post: lupyuen
  What to do if your PinePhone Pro does not boot fxc 19 18,764 09-10-2023, 03:19 AM
Last Post: fxc
  Waydroid No Network Hell pinemegood 4 1,867 07-15-2023, 08:16 PM
Last Post: SpoofyKid
  My Waydroid Manager call for testers / assistance MadameMalady 0 634 07-15-2023, 02:16 PM
Last Post: MadameMalady
  Pinephone(pro) modem bug / shortcomings MadameMalady 2 2,384 06-19-2023, 03:40 PM
Last Post: MadameMalady