Device memory full on multi-boot SD card
I tried to install Waydroid on PostmarketOS on the multi-boot SD card, but I get the error message "device memory full" Angry .

Is there a way to enlarge the memory of the PostmarketOS partition?
Found the answer here Cool :

https://xnux.eu/log/#toc-resizing-the-pa...-the-image
(05-14-2022, 09:26 AM)Peter Gamma Wrote: Found the answer here Cool :

https://xnux.eu/log/#toc-resizing-the-pa...-the-image

It's a bit confusing there... it says „you can do this on your PC“ but then instead of /dev/sdh or some such, it's /dev/mmcblk0 as it is on the phone, not on PC. I remember I did it once, on my first, 16G µSD card, but I don't remember where was I at the time - on the PC (just substituting device names), or on the phone - but then in which distro?

I've flashed Megi's distro to the new 32G µSD card and it works, but the trouble is exactly in resizing afterwards, because I didn't remember this method (now that I re-read what you linked, yup, that's it, did that on the PC) so I went the parted way, as described on P64 wiki, but keep getting the „no superblock found / magic number doesn't match“ or something to that effect, in serbian, when I try to resize2fs, and then each OS just shows it's boot image but nothing boots, perhaps just Jumpdrive.

So thanks for finding it again for me... Maybe this time I'll be done before lunch. Back to the flasher...
Except I'm getting a different runaround this time. After flashing, I discovered that it was automounted by DoubleCommander, so okay I turned it off, flashed again, resized partition and then needed to mount it to resize the filesystem.

This is where it gets weird. When I issue sudo df, it finde it as /dev/sdk2. Then blkid finds it as /dev/sdh2. Any attempt to mount fails. If I try to set up a mount point from the disks app (Mint 20.3), it gives me various kinds of errors, depending on options I choose, but it's either that the mount point doesn't exist or that there's already a file with such a name.

I've already learned that trying out a SD with resized partition but not resized filesystem won't work... so... now what. Will try resize2fs, just for kicks... and it still reports „bad magic number in superblock“.

So, guys... what am I doing wrong?
Okay, just not to leave this unresolved: I did almost everything right, just did it in the wrong place.

The correct procedure to https://xnux.eu/log/#toc-resizing-the-pa...-the-image... the first two paragraphs should read like this:

Quote:To get more free space when using the multi-image, you can resize it to the full size of your SD card. You can do this from a PC using a SD card reader, but if you run into trouble, use the option (first on top when u-boot meny comes up) to boot from the eMMC. There (at least in Manjaro it is proven to work) open a terminal and do as follows.

Warning! You'll need to run all the commands as root. In commands with a pipe, the sudo comes between the pipe and the command.

So. And tomorrow to apply whatever it says at https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=17205... half of which I probably don't need, but now that I have 20G to spare, it'll be fun to try out things.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can't boot on SD anymore LeNouveau 1 330 02-12-2024, 01:05 PM
Last Post: LeNouveau
  Does Ubuntu modify a Pinephone SD boot card? Peter Gamma 0 839 10-05-2023, 09:18 AM
Last Post: Peter Gamma
  External SD card not listed by Pcmanfm? Peter Gamma 1 1,503 08-22-2023, 12:22 PM
  Tow-boot headaches. antiwesley 3 1,493 04-30-2023, 05:03 PM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  problem with boot evaldas 2 2,224 03-17-2023, 06:21 AM
Last Post: gulshan212
  Article: NuttX RTOS for PinePhone: Boot to LVGL lupyuen 2 1,849 01-23-2023, 10:41 PM
Last Post: lupyuen
  tow-boot shulamy 2 1,653 09-08-2022, 12:33 AM
Last Post: shulamy
  wiping u-boot off sd card shulamy 6 2,907 08-17-2022, 03:38 AM
Last Post: shulamy
  Change tow-boot boot order or otherwise make Mobian on uSD the default? allworlds 3 2,426 05-04-2022, 06:27 PM
Last Post: allworlds
  Quick and easy bootloader option for JumpDrive on external SD card? Peter Gamma 5 2,681 05-02-2022, 06:57 AM