soquartz - ssh available?
Hopefully the right place to post soquartz threads:

The Problem
Upon bootup, it does a dhcp and grabs an IP address.  Otherwise, no evidence of a pulse [no HDMI output, seemingly no console via serial output].  Is there a way to ssh in?  If so, what are the credentials?  rock64\rock64 and many other obvious combinations fail.

The Setup
I have a soquartz module on a rpi4 module IO carrier board (https://datasheets.raspberrypi.com/cm4io...asheet.pdf) from a SD card, image 'rk3566-soquartz-cm4.dtb.img'.

Open to other ideas on how to get to console.  Thanks for any suggestions.
Serial out (UART) should work. Make sure you use it at 1.5mbauds (1500000 bauds) and at 3.3v. By default, the image boots into a busybox recovery environment I believe, but there is a Debian installer option right below it which you can select over serial.

HDMI out isn't a thing our u-boot does yet so unfortunately that won't work for seeing and interacting with the installer.

A usual tactic if UART doesn't work is to ensure that the ground pin is connected, and then swap the TX and RX pins around. Sometimes things aren't labelled correctly, and it's easier to just try swapping RX and TX than to figure it out.

Once you have UART connected as it should be, hit the reset button to get into u-boot. It should show you a list of boot options after some initial output.

Occasional Linux Kernel Contributor, Avid Wiki Updater, Ask Me About Quartz64
Open Hardware Quartz64 Model A TOSLink Adapter
Pi-bus GPIO Extender For ROCKPro64 And Quartz64 Model A
Plebian GNU/Linux
It would be great to be able to ssh in. I am having the same issue using the manjaro image on a BigtreeTech PAD 5 carrier board. The install gets an ip address and ssh responds but not sure what the live install password would be. Tried all the usual suspects but permission is denied.
(06-14-2022, 08:38 AM)jaymcd0626 Wrote: It would be great to be able to ssh in. I am having the same issue using the manjaro image on a BigtreeTech PAD 5 carrier board. The install gets an ip address and ssh responds but not sure what the live install password would be. Tried all the usual suspects but permission is denied.

Manjaro is a different image so it's a different story there. It runs an installer. Try sshing it with user "root" and password "manjaro", or user "manjaro" and password "manjaro"

Occasional Linux Kernel Contributor, Avid Wiki Updater, Ask Me About Quartz64
Open Hardware Quartz64 Model A TOSLink Adapter
Pi-bus GPIO Extender For ROCKPro64 And Quartz64 Model A
Plebian GNU/Linux

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SOQuartz NPU stormwyrm 1 553 11-26-2023, 09:51 PM
Last Post: stormwyrm