Front infrared flash continually flashing
(09-10-2023, 09:07 PM)Kevin Kofler Wrote: Considering that the PinePhone is manufactured in Shenzhen by a Hong-Kong-based company, I believe that if anybody were to install spy equipment on it, it would not be the US DoD.

Yeah I agree.  I was just stating another example of corruption and implying that we're on our own.  An off topic comment Smile
The plot thickens...

Maybe everyone know this.  The pine64 wiki lists the proximity sensor but the PostMarketOS wiki shows it as "unavailable". (see attacheed) It's not like I've been doing Sherlock Holmes on the the subject but I DID notice the details when browsing.  I wonder if it's the OS or an independent chip that is the culprit.

My idea of developing the phone OS is to get the fundamental functions working smooth and the expand on the functionality but the PMOS is doing stuff like the screen coming on to warn me that it's going to suspend every 5 minutes when it's set to actually suspend in 5 minutes plus I've turned off notifications.  I want to try another OS but review I read say PMOS is best.  I know I've gotten off the subject but maybe someone has good advice.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

There is a bug on this. A workaround that I've done is disabling automatic suspend in the tweaks-->power menu. Note even using it saves more battery than those pesky notifications.
(09-19-2023, 08:50 AM)GaryM Wrote: There is a bug on this. A workaround that I've done is disabling automatic suspend in the tweaks-->power menu. Note even using it saves more battery than those pesky notifications.

Thanks, I tried the disable option but I guess my battery (my supposed backup battery) didn't last overnight so I'm poking around for another OS.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cannot find a method of flashing to EMMC that works MarkF 4 6,017 10-30-2020, 09:06 PM
Last Post: discogribbs