PPP (Manjaro/Phosh) lags when speaker above 50%
Was trying to use Spot to listen to my music, and for the longest time I thought there was some sort of driver issue... Wasn't really sure, but the audio would get really choppy and laggy whenever I tried to play on the speaker, so I just assumed that something (library, pipewire, IDK...) was broke, but the choppiness seemed to by a CPU thing, so I got the serendipitous idea to check it at low volume, and what do ya know, it works great! So I am not sure if there are still fixes for this coming down the pipe, but to anyone who might be in my position and think it is broke, it isn't! Just the speaker seemingly draws too much current from the CPU.
(04-25-2022, 05:34 PM)wilsonjholmes Wrote: Was trying to use Spot to listen to my music, and for the longest time I thought there was some sort of driver issue... Wasn't really sure, but the audio would get really choppy and laggy whenever I tried to play on the speaker, so I just assumed that something (library, pipewire, IDK...) was broke, but the choppiness seemed to by a CPU thing, so I got the serendipitous idea to check it at low volume, and what do ya know, it works great! So I am not sure if there are still fixes for this coming down the pipe, but to anyone who might be in my position and think it is broke, it isn't! Just the speaker seemingly draws too much current from the CPU.

Yes indeed, when going with the volume higher than 50%, the audioplayback starts to stutter.
But it has nothing to do with the speaker, since this also happens when headphones are connected...
(04-27-2022, 02:03 AM)magdesign Wrote:
(04-25-2022, 05:34 PM)wilsonjholmes Wrote: Was trying to use Spot to listen to my music, and for the longest time I thought there was some sort of driver issue... Wasn't really sure, but the audio would get really choppy and laggy whenever I tried to play on the speaker, so I just assumed that something (library, pipewire, IDK...) was broke, but the choppiness seemed to by a CPU thing, so I got the serendipitous idea to check it at low volume, and what do ya know, it works great! So I am not sure if there are still fixes for this coming down the pipe, but to anyone who might be in my position and think it is broke, it isn't! Just the speaker seemingly draws too much current from the CPU.

Yes indeed, when going with the volume higher than 50%, the audioplayback starts to stutter.
But it has nothing to do with the speaker, since this also happens when headphones are connected...

Hmm... Good to know, though I thought in a previous time I put volume at, or near, full (with headphones) and had no issues, so it may be a new problem?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Manjaro Phosh - Tiny Blue Indicator Light - Blinking ArchiMark 0 698 06-09-2023, 12:55 PM
Last Post: ArchiMark
Bug Speaker "Popping" Merc 3 2,086 12-13-2022, 04:20 PM
Last Post: Simon Belmont
  Online Accounts (Phosh) Barugon 1 1,129 11-10-2022, 11:24 PM
Last Post: Barugon
  Phosh remote desktop Barugon 5 2,830 09-06-2022, 08:28 AM
Last Post: Barugon
Lightbulb Manjaro Phosh vs. Manjaro Plasma on Pinephone Pro? danimations 10 7,381 07-15-2022, 10:10 AM
Last Post: Fred Zyphal
  [Arch Phosh] Asian characters not displaying bobjrsenior 0 728 06-08-2022, 12:18 PM
Last Post: bobjrsenior
  Arch linux phosh - no cellular with T-Mobile sim Conjada 14 7,606 02-21-2022, 10:11 PM
Last Post: The3DmaN
  Dev Addition - Manjaro/Phosh - Apps not activating iwm 5 3,656 02-08-2022, 01:11 PM
Last Post: iwm