Any hope for PineTime.
My PineTime is stuck on the InfiniTime triangles after trying to install the latest update 1.9.0. That got to 1% install and dropped the connection. The first restart got back to the normal watch screen so I tried again with the same result. Now holding the power button in gets the green Pine then just boots to InfiniTime screen. Have tried oldr updates which get to 2% before the connection is dropped, have left it for a couple of days tom drain with the same result. Holding the power button for longer just cycles through red green amd blue pines but ends at the same place. This is a sealed version and the hard reset has always worked before when stuck on InfiniTime screen. All update had been validated. Any hints on what to try next.
I get to 13% and it starts again. The bootloader zip hs a similar problem.
Question 
@lakotaubp, could you provide more details?
what the application is used for update (Gadgetbridge / nRF Connect / Siglo / Amazfish)? 
what was the previous version of the InfiniTime that worked?
what exactly "InfiniTime triangles" are: with "infini time" text and 2 triangles, or pine-like triangles and no text?
[Image: Flash-infinitime.jpg]
Away
(04-21-2022, 04:22 AM)ITCactus Wrote: @lakotaubp, could you provide more details?
what the application is used for update (Gadgetbridge / nRF Connect / Siglo / Amazfish)? 
what exactly "InfiniTime triangles" are: with "infini time" text and 2 triangles, or pine-like triangles and no text?

The PineTime was all upto date on OS and software. I tried both Gadgetbridge and nRF Connect. The screen it sticks on is the two triangles InfiniTime. When holding the button in for approx 10 sec it goes to the green pinecone when that has finished then it is back to the InfiniTime screen. I will try again tomorrow. For now I am leaving it in a drawer for a few days to completly discharge.
(04-23-2022, 05:23 AM)lakotaubp Wrote:
(04-21-2022, 04:22 AM)ITCactus Wrote: @lakotaubp, could you provide more details?

The PineTime was all upto date on OS and software. I tried both Gadgetbridge and nRF Connect. The screen it sticks on is the two triangles InfiniTime. When holding the button in for approx 10 sec it goes to the green pinecone when that has finished then it is back to the InfiniTime screen. I will try again tomorrow. For now I am leaving it in a drawer for a few days to completly discharge.

if i remember correctly, the boot screen with "infini time" text and 2 triangles indicates an old bootloader, and you should first update the latest bootloader "reloader-mcuboot.zip" from this wiki page.

also, there is a known issue for some users on update from 1.8 to 1.9 using nRF Connect.

and, in the end, this answer by JF could be helpful.

if you stuck in InfiniTime triangles with "infini time" text and 2 triangles, maybe my experience may be helpful - just try from the step#2 to the end.
Away
(04-23-2022, 06:45 AM)ITCactus Wrote:
(04-23-2022, 05:23 AM)lakotaubp Wrote:

if i remember correctly, the boot screen with "infini time" text and 2 triangles indicates an old bootloader, and you should first update the latest bootloader "reloader-mcuboot.zip" from this wiki page.

also, there is a known issue for some users on update from 1.8 to 1.9 using nRF Connect.

and, in the end, this answer by JF could be helpful.

if you stuck in InfiniTime triangles with "infini time" text and 2 triangles, maybe my experience may be helpful - just try from the step#2 to the end.

Retried today with GadgetBridge which worked update installed Smile  PineTime back in action. Thanks for the advice.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PineTime at FOSDEM jmlich 5 628 02-07-2024, 11:48 PM
Last Post: tllim
  PineTime turns off when removed from cradle tynstar 0 185 01-31-2024, 11:57 AM
Last Post: tynstar
  PineTime and Amazfish on Ubuntu Touch jmlich 1 649 10-14-2023, 04:12 PM
Last Post: tllim
  PineTime is dead!! Markdanni123 12 13,516 09-18-2023, 10:17 PM
Last Post: ccchan234
  PineTime Sleep Tracking any_mouse 12 12,023 07-10-2023, 05:41 PM
Last Post: davidair
  PineTime Dead out of box? henkery 1 1,154 03-12-2023, 04:34 PM
Last Post: henkery
  Pinetime almost dead... only shows Infinitime logo. lightweight 8 6,516 02-11-2023, 09:30 AM
Last Post: alexmitroff
  PineTime beginner MV1791 2 2,093 01-09-2023, 11:52 PM
Last Post: Canyonless
  Struggling to detect Pinetime over bluetooth John45595 0 1,122 11-20-2022, 11:06 PM
Last Post: John45595
  PineTime Dev Kit for sale igor.bljahhin 2 3,133 10-19-2022, 05:34 AM
Last Post: peatord