Backing up SMS and phonebook before wipe/reinstall
I am probably going to be wiping my PP soon and reinstalling mobian to rule out any kludged hand-hacking I did to the system especially bridging as I am trying to get us a working implementation of Bluetooth PAN wireless access point to share mobile internet to your gadgets without the massive power waste that WiFi is.

https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?...#pid109129

so to backup:

For me I only really care about my SMS and messaging so saving my .purple chat history which handles all of the IM and SMS stuff

cp ~/.purple/chatty/db/chatty-history.db /meda/mobian/yoursdcardname/

copy that to the SD card, then the same for contacts

cp ~/.local/share/evolution/addressbook /meda/mobian/yoursdcardname/

dump these directories back where they go in the new install

I could also save installed files to speed up restoring my system

apt list --installed | /meda/mobian/yoursdcardname/installedaptpackages.txt

which would give me a list of installed files dumped into a new file installedaptpackages

flatpak list | /meda/mobian/yoursdcardname/flatpakinstalls.txt
to have a list of installed flatpaks

Really I could copy all or selected parts of the whole user(mobian) /home directory to get all of the settings identical but I want a clean install free the previous months of attempted hacks and scripts.

I like that maemo for the N900 had a nice app to save messaging settings, calendar, and installed apps, it could even be a script to make a backup.
Yes I would also be interested in what files or folders I should copy from Mobian to make backups of my Contacts List. Being able to also backup all my txts & incoming/outgoing call history would be even better. It's something I should probably be doing regularly ESPECIALLY prior to when I tool around with my PinePhone trying to get the most out of it lol. Thanks for starting this thread. Hopefully someone can point us in the right direction.
Mobian contacts are stored in an Evolution address book located in ~/.local/share/evolution/addressbook/system/contacts.db. (I don't do texting so haven't looked into where those are kept.)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  When to dist-upgrade vs when to reinstall? DrPlamsa 5 2,595 08-02-2021, 06:23 PM
Last Post: bcnaz
  Wipe function on mobian? Wahtone 5 4,112 07-28-2021, 06:18 AM
Last Post: biketool
  How Do I Perform a Chatty Application Reinstall? rrholmes 2 2,313 07-13-2021, 01:11 AM
Last Post: rrholmes
  Session start fails, need to reinstall? Avron 5 4,085 03-24-2021, 10:22 AM
Last Post: Gribouille
  Phonebook does not link with calls canaac 3 3,102 02-08-2021, 04:03 PM
Last Post: canaac