White Listed ?
What can we do to get the Pine phones recognized as a "White Listed Device"  ?

* Pure Talk recently stopped their data services on my test lines,   <Customer service implied it was "AT&T requirement". >
>>  their data had been working pretty good.

* AT&T PrePaid is my long term main number, their talk/text works perfect, but their data has been crap,
 >> Since 2 smart phones Before my first Pine phone.

Huh

Can Pine64 apply for a listing ?
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
(04-07-2022, 04:58 AM)bcnaz Wrote: What can we do to get the Pine phones recognized as a "White Listed Device"  ?

Some time ago I wrote to AT&T asking about this and got no response.

To get around the problem I changed the IMEI of the Pinephone to that of the whitelisted flip phone they sent me. No problems so far. (I don't use mobile data though, I have no need for that and keep it turned off.)
I believe a tech from AT&T mentioned the modem itself is on a white list, for a 'data' device.
but 'at that time' the Pine phone was not mentioned on any white or black lists.

The Pine phone can and does operate on at&t very well, "when they allow it"

Does Pine64 need to file for approval with the USA carriers ?
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
(04-08-2022, 08:55 PM)bcnaz Wrote: I believe a tech from AT&T mentioned the modem itself is on a white list, for a 'data' device.
but  'at that time'  the Pine phone was not mentioned on any white or black list.

Being listed as  'data' device can result in voice being blocked.
I have no issues with talk and texting, * it is the data I have problems with on some carriers...

Sneaking around putting false id's into the phone may work for a 'few' people, but that cannot be the only answer
for the thousands of Pine phone users out there.

*** We really need the Pine phone to be 'White Listed' or we may soon find ourselves without any carriers ! ***
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Modem white list aular 7 649 02-13-2024, 04:35 PM
Last Post: aular