Power issue with the Pro
(04-18-2022, 11:38 PM)Tim_D Wrote: Tim,

If I understand, and I apologize if no -I am an insomniac, so sometimes my mind doesn't function as well as I would like, you are seeing the same battery drain issue. Is it only occurring during the update process, or all the time? Were you able to update from the terminal (sudo pacman -Syyu)? I noted above, I was able to update this way, but still get a message about offline updates not occurring, and the option to repair/update. I have a half dozen other projects I am working, so the PPP is languishing. None of this really gets you the answer you want, contact details for whomever is fronting the Pro's bug fix, for lack of a better term, program. Again, apologies, I don't have better answers for you.

I know that there is an issue with the battery recharging as it should. I also am aware of an update that is meant to stop gap the issue. I've downloaded the file ~722kB for an 8 GB mmc. I've yet to install it. I'm moving glacially slow due to the fact that currently my ONLY internet is through my phone! It's sadly been that way for a LONG TIME and shows no likely change on the horizon.
[/quote]

Tim,

Understood.I will suggest the update via the terminal/pacman, if you haven't.
"...~722kB for an 8 GB mmc." I MEANT MB not kB :-O
 Like computing && Like Linux == good people
(04-20-2022, 08:09 AM)Freitag Wrote:
(04-18-2022, 11:38 PM)Tim_D Wrote: Tim,

If I understand, and I apologize if no -I am an insomniac, so sometimes my mind doesn't function as well as I would like, you are seeing the same battery drain issue. Is it only occurring during the update process, or all the time? Were you able to update from the terminal (sudo pacman -Syyu)? I noted above, I was able to update this way, but still get a message about offline updates not occurring, and the option to repair/update. I have a half dozen other projects I am working, so the PPP is languishing. None of this really gets you the answer you want, contact details for whomever is fronting the Pro's bug fix, for lack of a better term, program. Again, apologies, I don't have better answers for you.

I know that there is an issue with the battery recharging as it should. I also am aware of an update that is meant to stop gap the issue. I've downloaded the file ~722kB for an 8 GB mmc. I've yet to install it. I'm moving glacially slow due to the fact that currently my ONLY internet is through my phone! It's sadly been that way for a LONG TIME and shows no likely change on the horizon.

Tim,

Understood.I will suggest the update via the terminal/pacman, if you haven't.
[/quote]
 Here's my current "catch", I'm having an impossible time having a keyboard AND the command line AT THE SAME TIME. I'm HEAVILY tempted to try reinstall the eMMC! I don't have it set up to boot up off a SD card. Frankly, I'm PERFECTLY content with it booting from the eMMC.

P.S.

I want to add, I don't mind the command line one bit. It's why I noticed the ABSENT man files! That was a SHOCKER to me!
 Like computing && Like Linux == good people
I also have an issue with charging my PPP.

It charges fine when it is in use, but I find that when it goes to sleep/suspend mode (I am using Tow-Boot) then the charging kind of stops.

For example, my phone is at 100% now. If I plug it into a charger and leave it on, the phone will eventually go to suspend mode. If I return a few hours later, the phone's battery will be in the 90s/80s percent.

I am not sure how to resolve it but that is the issue I am having with my Arch Phosh. I should try Arch Plasma to see if this also is an issue on that version.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tow-Boot issue Barugon 1 1,290 10-22-2022, 03:22 AM
Last Post: AndrewBlackmiller
  Would disabling all cpu's except one save power on the PPP? rp3 3 1,866 08-27-2022, 01:10 AM
Last Post: uzanto
  Guide to power off the Pinephone Pro on low battery Ulfnic 5 3,578 02-11-2022, 02:47 PM
Last Post: dexy
  Battery charging issue kileel 1 1,689 12-13-2021, 03:58 PM
Last Post: kileel