Pine Store : Pine phone Pro Parts ?
@tllim

The Pine64 Store needs to offer Replacement main boards for the new Pro series phones, PLEASE !

So many people have destroyed their sim card holders by simply "using the sim card adapters"  !

The only cure at this time is to buy a whole new phone !

The other parts, such as replacement screens may be helpful also.
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
might be little late but anyway. should pinephone (whatever model) use nano-sims instead of micro-sims. i think in next model should have nano-sim slot.
While replacement main boards would be good, when it's just mechanical damage to the socket it would be better to sell the sockets or provide a part number for them - people could then get a local phone repair shop to swap out the broken socket. Why create unnecessary electronic waste, let alone unnecessary expense?
I have sent numerous messages to info@pine64.org with reference  to buying a new sim card holder or a reference part number to buy one elsewhere.  I have one return message on march 5 that says:  "Already passed your info to product team."

I asked them again to wake up the parts department and again to sober them up from New Years and have gotten no additional replys.

A member of the forum has posted a Molex connector that look good. Don't have exact thread handy.  I have found no source for singles of this part; only in batches of 1000. There's an opportunity for a forum member to buy a batch of 1000 and sell them in this forum.

I am becoming very suspicious of pinephone their lack of communication and the state in which they sent these phones out.  Does any pinephone person ever comment in this forum?

tom kosvic
@tllim comments from time to time, and has been known to get things moving when support seems to gave become a black hole. Communication is an ongoing frustration though.

https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?...#pid108069

The usual suspects here (Farnell, RS, Mouser etc.) have a few that are available singly and might be compatible, but it would be good to have confirmation in case there are odd differences to catch out the uninitiated.
https://uk.farnell.com/w/c/connectors/me...d-nano-sim
In response to the above comments on the sim/sd card holder.

I do think a "warning" should be issued regarding using the sim card "adapter"....

However I think the holder itself is an industry standard.  I have swapped the micro-sd cards many many times with no problems.

The sim cards I have removed and swapped were the correct sizes and I had no problems at that point.

** I do currently have an sim card adapter on my daily use phone.
***  It went in a bit too tight,  and now I am very nervous at the thought of trying to remove it without destroying the card holder .
... ( it is working for now)

Smile    This thread started by asking for replacement parts for our Pine phones.
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
Pine64 founder posted elsewhere that the SIM/SD card adaptors were available from the store free of charge right now due to issues with them being damaged super easily. There were caveats: you pay for packaging and posting of the part and it is supplied on the basis of the fix either being DIY or at a repair shop - implied in both cases is that all costs for the repair itself were paid by the owner of the phone.

TL Lim Wrote:We have secure some PinePhone and PinePhone Pro microSD/SIM card connectors from supplier. We don't want to place this in Pine Store due to this is limited quantity. If you have the sim slot issue and able to ask local repair shop to make the repair, support team can file a request to send out this spare part. When file the support time at https://support.pine64.org, please provide your order number and sim slot damage photo shows, support team will help up on this arrangement. Please note that this spare part is free but you still need to pay for the Pine Store standard shipping. Due to this is a special arrangement, support team will not help up on combine shipment type of request.

See: https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?...#pid108861

Potentially still a better deal than a replacement PPP motherboard? Let's think about size of Pine64 e-waste mountain and not unduly increasing it...

I think in future replacement SIM/SD card adaptors will need to be a store part and ditto motherboards.
Are there recycle options available ?
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New out of box phone, vibrates and solid red light on charging StuckInTheCloud 1 880 03-24-2023, 03:12 PM
Last Post: fxc
  Question on the keyboard battery with phone knoxvilles_joker 0 1,039 08-27-2022, 12:04 AM
Last Post: knoxvilles_joker
  Warning!!- sim card adapter destroyed my sim card holder on my pine phone pro ANDROID2468 11 7,421 06-15-2022, 02:32 AM
  Where's the parts? tckosvic 8 4,835 05-10-2022, 07:15 AM
  Pine Phone Pro issues gmastap 0 1,192 03-14-2022, 07:21 AM
Last Post: gmastap