Biktorj's firmware
I recently installed biktorj's firmware on my pp, after that my modem every now and then loses signal, the 4g signal is off and it disappears from settings, rebooting fixes that. Is it recommended to reflash mobian after changing the firmware, will it help?
(03-06-2022, 02:36 PM)user641 Wrote: I recently installed biktorj's firmware on my pp, after that my modem every now and then loses signal, the 4g signal is off and it disappears from settings, rebooting fixes that. Is it recommended to reflash mobian after changing the firmware, will it help?

Hello,

I am not sure that reinstalling the whole mobian system could help, unless you have held back some packages.
I created an issue which looks like the one you are experiencing in October last year. It still happens, only more seldom.
https://github.com/Biktorgj/pinephone_mo.../issues/36
When it happens I issue the following as root and it usually comes back to normal:
Code:
adb shell reboot

Another issue that I can reproduce every day is that the mobile data is off after turning the phone on. Disabling/enabling mobile data on the settings or waiting until the phone goes to sleep and back from sleep solves this one.
Make sure you have read the Settings documentation - may help.
  • ROCKPro64 v2.1 2GB, 16Gb eMMC for rootfs, SX8200Pro 512GB NVMe for /home, HDMI video & sound, Bluetooth keyboard & mouse. Arch (6.2 kernel, Openbox desktop) for general purpose daily PC.
  • PinePhone Pro Explorer Edition, daily driver, rk2aw & U-boot on SPI, Arch/SXMO & Arch/phosh on eMMC
  • PinePhone BraveHeart now v1.2b 3/32Gb, Tow-boot with Arch/SXMO on eMMC
(03-07-2022, 11:28 AM)dukla2000 Wrote: Make sure you have read the Settings documentation - may help.

Thanks, just tried those reccomendations. Let't see if it helps
dukla2000, tyvm for posting this. I disabled runtime suspend as suggested in the settings documentation, and so far, no more lost modem. Fingers crossed.
(03-08-2022, 11:42 AM)michel_luc Wrote: dukla2000, tyvm for posting this.  I disabled runtime suspend as suggested in the settings documentation, and so far, no more lost modem.  Fingers crossed.
same thing here, the suspend problem is away so far, but I also changed the alsa sound thing as in the documentation and have zero sound on calls now, I will revert and test again.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Modem Firmware Upgrade - Modem Busy - USB Issues biketool 10 4,509 09-23-2022, 05:15 AM
Last Post: biketool
  Firmware upgrade via fwupd user641 3 2,714 04-24-2022, 11:01 AM
Last Post: yehudac
  Modem Firmware: update manually or wait? sfb 4 3,797 02-06-2021, 05:14 AM
Last Post: sfb
  Modem firmware update SocialNetworkingWasAMistake 7 6,785 01-03-2021, 06:58 PM
Last Post: dcinoz