Storage keeps growing
I noticed that after a few weeks after an fresh install the storage of phone keeps growing without adding new files, until the point I keep receiving full storage alerts, I have around 26GB of music and always around 6-8 GB of free space. The only thing I am constantly downloading are podcasts episodes, but after some time the old episodes get deleted automatically.
Someone has any tip for that problem?
In /var/cache/apt you might find the deb files of installed software. What is the size? Check it with
du -hs /var/cache/apt
(03-06-2022, 01:55 PM)jsch Wrote: In /var/cache/apt you might find the deb files of installed software. What is the size? Check it with
du -hs /var/cache/apt

here's the output:

72M /var/cache/apt
Looks like you need to check it directory by directory
cd /
sudo du -hsx ./* | sort -h
change to the directory which is unexpected large/big and repeat the "sudo du -hsx ./* | sort -h" command
If you don't know, there's a TUI utility called ncdu, it should be available in whatever distro's repository.
Find me in the forest, when I'm at my lowest. I don't really think you should continue..

HOLD YOUR BREATH.
(03-10-2022, 02:16 AM)Danct12 Wrote: If you don't know, there's a TUI utility called ncdu, it should be available in whatever distro's repository.

I'll try that, thanks!
(03-06-2022, 12:51 PM)user641 Wrote: I noticed that after a few weeks after an fresh install the storage of phone keeps growing without adding new files, until the point I keep receiving full storage alerts, I have around 26GB of music and always around 6-8 GB of free space. The only thing I am constantly downloading are podcasts episodes, but after some time the old episodes get deleted automatically.

Did you check the logs/journal of your system ? It can fill a couple of Gio. It did consume a lot of space in my system over time.
journalctl --disk-usage

Then you can easily trim the journal with different strategies:
journalctl --vaccum-size=BYTES
journalctl --vaccum-files=NUMBER
journalctl --vaccum-time=TIME
(03-17-2022, 10:45 PM)mob Wrote:
(03-06-2022, 12:51 PM)user641 Wrote: I noticed that after a few weeks after an fresh install the storage of phone keeps growing without adding new files, until the point I keep receiving full storage alerts, I have around 26GB of music and always around 6-8 GB of free space. The only thing I am constantly downloading are podcasts episodes, but after some time the old episodes get deleted automatically.

Did you check the logs/journal of your system ? It can fill a couple of Gio. It did consume a lot of space in my system over time.
journalctl --disk-usage

Then you can easily trim the journal with different strategies:
journalctl --vaccum-size=BYTES
journalctl --vaccum-files=NUMBER
journalctl --vaccum-time=TIME

It was just a matter of rebooting twice after the first install with the FDE image.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Improper Storage After Flashing Mobian Ferriah 1 1,025 07-23-2022, 05:11 AM
Last Post: LibrePhoneUser