Less than 12 hours on battery - doing nothing
I perfectly understand than I got a work in progress. Nevertheless, yesterday evening I got the phone charged at 100% and leave it for the night to see how much it would use. Answer: 100%. This morning the battery was empty. It still accepts to charge, but does that mean that the Pinephone Pro is opposite to "normal" phones: keep it on the charger except when you (for a short time) want to carry it with you?

Seriously: it came with Manjaro Plasma. Anyone running some other distribution who was able to get at least 12 hours life unplugged?
It's still beta time, the suspend problem will hopefully be resolved for the Pro soon, -- it seems to be working mostly on the original Pine phone finally.

That will help a lot, for when the phone is in stand by mode.

but there are more areas also such as using less power to run the current apps.
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
Wow, you're doing good ... I get about four hours, and then it takes six hours to charge on 2.4A charger.
***   Don't be a minion in the (i)droid army   ***
(03-03-2022, 02:42 AM)Fred Zyphal Wrote: Wow, you're doing good ... I get about four hours, and then it takes six hours to charge on 2.4A charger.

I posted a comment elsewhere in this forum about my PP that was unconnected to charger and not turned off yet, after 2 months, started up after picking it up and it still had 63 % charge.  Not so much for PPP.
It's not really a production phone but if you're willing to develop and contribute to software for it I'm sure it can be improved.

That said, the be battery isn't great hardware. At least mine isn't. I let it sit for 2 weeks and now it won't hold a charge at all. The phone is pulling 0 watt according to my chargers. So I guess don't let it die and sit for even a short while.
Mobian phosh booted from SD with tow boot, can easily last the whole day. Maybe used 20-30% battery doing nothing. Also wakes from suspend flawlessly. Hope that helps.
Manjaro plasma can also suspend now. Some updates few days ago fixed the feature. Battery holds entire day easily.
(03-02-2022, 05:18 AM)bcnaz Wrote: it seems to be working mostly on the original Pine phone finally.

Really? Not on mine. Please tell me how to get it working correctly. My old Pinephone is a heater for cold winter days. Unfortunately, battery is only available for about 12h, then its "dead"
(04-17-2022, 07:09 AM)someGermanGuy Wrote:
(03-02-2022, 05:18 AM)bcnaz Wrote: it seems to be working mostly on the original Pine phone finally.

Really? Not on mine. Please tell me how to get it working correctly. My old Pinephone is a heater for cold winter days. Unfortunately, battery is only available for about 12h, then its "dead"

Would recommend creating a new post in the regular PinePhone section regarding that. Make also sure to test a fresh installation (and different distributions), as suspend on the regular PinePhone is working fine. Mine gets through multiple days with the modem.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PinePhone Pro battery life at the beginning of 2023? dante404 14 8,446 06-03-2023, 07:45 AM
Last Post: crocspot
  Unofficial Pinephone Battery Case lllsondowlll 15 15,320 02-21-2023, 10:34 AM
Last Post: Yaky
Information Fix PinePhone Pro when unable to boot due to drained battery butjar 7 5,922 05-21-2022, 01:24 PM
Last Post: 98cwitr
  Battery Life is it possible?? Tech Question (sort of) scrwbigtek 4 3,273 05-11-2022, 06:01 AM
Last Post: danimations
  Pinephone Battery doesn't fit in the Pinephone Pro ragreenburg 2 1,736 03-25-2022, 09:21 AM
Last Post: ragreenburg
  Good Spare Battery Replacement thismarty 1 3,448 03-23-2022, 04:15 PM
Last Post: Fred Zyphal
  Battery questions For_lack_of_a_better_name 5 3,010 02-26-2022, 11:45 PM
Last Post: lllsondowlll
  Guide to power off the Pinephone Pro on low battery Ulfnic 5 3,702 02-11-2022, 02:47 PM
Last Post: dexy
  Battery charging issue kileel 1 1,742 12-13-2021, 03:58 PM
Last Post: kileel