PPP did make calls -- now will not
I had manjaro-phosh beta 22 working well.  Phone, SMS, MMS (in and out) all working.  Did a pacman upgrade and phone, sms, mms stopped working.  If I make a call with dial app it says "call completed" an instant after the number is entered.

Next, I installed manjaro-phosh beta 23 and still nothing worked

Next, I installed manjaro plasma latest beta and still nothing worked

Next, I reinstalled manjaro-phosh beta 22 that was working very well and no still nothing worked.

I am suspecting a hardware (modem?) issue that occurred simultaneously with the upgrade.

I'm asking for some insight as to what to check for hardware related issues associated with phone, and messaging.  Is there some kind of deep reset for the modem?  I have no reason to suspect my sim card as this was working for a long time with phone and messaging.

Any ideas?    thanks,       tom kosvic
(03-01-2022, 11:42 AM)tckosvic Wrote: I had manjaro-phosh beta 22 working well.  Phone, SMS, MMS (in and out) all working.  Did a pacman upgrade and phone, sms, mms stopped working.  If I make a call with dial app it says "call completed" an instant after the number is entered.

Next, I installed manjaro-phosh beta 23 and still nothing worked

Next, I installed manjaro plasma latest beta and still nothing worked

Next, I reinstalled manjaro-phosh beta 22 that was working very well and no still nothing worked.

I am suspecting a hardware (modem?) issue that occurred simultaneously with the upgrade.

I'm asking for some insight as to what to check for hardware related issues associated with phone, and messaging.  Is there some kind of deep reset for the modem?  I have no reason to suspect my sim card as this was working for a long time with phone and messaging.

Any ideas?    thanks,       tom kosvic
I have noticed that I have package modemmanager-pp installed.  When I try to install package modemmanager, pacman says 

Code:
:: modemmanager and modemmanager-pp are in conflict. Remove modemmanager-pp? [y/N] n
error: unresolvable package conflicts detected

Anyone have any insights as to which one to use?

thanks,     tom kosvic

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PPP microphone not working for calls, is this normal? サーバント 4 2,961 04-10-2022, 05:35 PM
Last Post: mburns
  manjaro-phosh did make calls -- now nothing tckosvic 6 4,105 03-07-2022, 02:38 PM
Last Post: tckosvic