Manjaro-phosh beta 22 release won't boot after update
I had Manjaro-phosh beta 22 with operating SMS, MMS, phone calls (send and receive), and audio working and was getting optimistic.  I did a pacman system update hoping for more improvement but now after a large update it won't boot.  Went from working pretty well to not booting.

Upon press of power button, it just shows the "big M" and has the balls spinning around like windows and hangs there.  Never fully boots.  I did a reboot holding down the RE button.  No improvement.

I will load manjaro-phosh beta 23 (https://github.com/manjaro-pinephone/phosh/releases) to SD card and try again.

I'd like to know if others had working system that was upset by recent update (about 100 packages).  Also, if anyone found a successful reboot procedure.

thanks,      tom kosvic
(02-27-2022, 04:43 PM)tckosvic Wrote: I had Manjaro-phosh beta 22 with operating SMS, MMS, phone calls (send and receive), and audio working and was getting optimistic.  I did a pacman system update hoping for more improvement but now after a large update it won't boot.  Went from working pretty well to not booting.

Upon press of power button, it just shows the "big M" and has the balls spinning around like windows and hangs there.  Never fully boots.  I did a reboot holding down the RE button.  No improvement.

I will load manjaro-phosh beta 23 (https://github.com/manjaro-pinephone/phosh/releases) to SD card and try again.

I'd like to know if others had working system that was upset by recent update (about 100 packages).  Also, if anyone found a successful reboot procedure.

thanks,      tom kosvic
I did install Manjaro-phosh beta 23, and that was a big step backwards.  My sim card is not found for some unknown reason.  Not an issue previously. The icon on desktop shows connected but my consumer cellular sim card is not shown in settings as it used to be.  The modem search function in settings "times out" and does not find the cell phone network probably because it lost contact with the sim card.

After update to Manjaro-phosh beta 23, I have no phone, sms or mms (in or out).  I am going back to  Manjaro-phosh beta 22 where most things were working.  I am not doing any updates until I see positive results from others.

I would like to know:  What tests are done with manjaro-phosh before a "beta" package is released? It appears to me, very little.

tom kosvic

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tow-Boot, a new U-Boot option for Pinephone Pro and other devices Ulfnic 60 43,517 02-13-2024, 02:54 PM
Last Post: fxc
  Command lines to remove the Phosh UI dorkydev 1 247 02-12-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: nekonosuke
Brick Recovery without Tow Boot b34ux 10 1,071 02-02-2024, 07:07 PM
Last Post: reky
  The Mobian Phosh Experience mburns 1 794 11-18-2023, 08:21 AM
Last Post: crocspot
  Arch SXMO Stopped Booting After A Megi Linux Update. mburns 0 416 11-07-2023, 09:52 AM
Last Post: mburns
  Mobian Phosh Gnome Software Is Recommending A Broken Update. mburns 0 545 10-14-2023, 11:57 AM
  What to do if your PinePhone Pro does not boot fxc 19 18,753 09-10-2023, 03:19 AM
  Manjaro Plasma unstable branch glitch mburns 2 994 06-21-2023, 08:03 AM
  Manjaro as shipped & camera? hambonius 1 849 06-20-2023, 02:26 PM
  The Phosh Web app vs Angelfish mburns 0 612 06-19-2023, 11:57 AM