Boot problem: wrong screen orientation
Good day,

i just received my PinePhone with convergence package.

On first boot, the screen flipped to horizontal mode, and can't return to vertical mode (unsuccessfully tried to turn phone in any direction, rebooted several times but nothing changed).

I can't fill the textbox because the onscreen keyboard pop up and cover some textboxes; i am able to skip a few page form, until "choose username and password" form, which can't be filled or skipped; so i got stuck there... (At first, i feared a defective gyroscope also...)

Does anyone had this issue? Please give some advice, i'm actually blocked...
thanks
there should be a pull down from the top of the screen, -- your screen mode can be controlled from there.
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
(02-27-2022, 05:02 AM)bcnaz Wrote: there should be a pull down from the top of the screen,  --  your screen mode can be controlled from there.

Thanks for your answer; no menu is visible, nor I am able to make it to appear (tried to swipe\pinch\pull from all side)

Also I connected to a new 3A Samsung charger: phone booted by itself, but led do not stay lit up, so I'm not sure if it is recharging the battery... Is this normal behaviour?
Thanks for any help...
i've found a workaround: thru docking bar i've connected keyboard, mouse, and power, then i was able to click on textboxes and fill them, without on-screen keyboard to pop up.
(moving the mouse pointer to upper-left corner cause the corner to lit up briefly, then desktop crashes and reboot)

After this step, K desktop appears, and i was able to fill missing settings i previously skipped (wi-fi. timezone)

Also i see the a bar icon which confirm that main battery is charging, even if the hardware led is not switched on.

I do not see any sign of screen auto-rotation (relevant icon in pulldown menu is active), so i'm still not sure if gyroscope is working;
i'll keep trying, another day.
(02-28-2022, 03:00 PM)Jetpac Wrote: I do not see any sign of screen auto-rotation (relevant icon in pulldown menu is active), so i'm still not sure if gyroscope is working;
i'll keep trying, another day.

This morning the screen auto-rotation works normally, so all issues are now resolved for me... thanks
I know your issue is fixed, but I will post this information if anyone searches for it.

The screen rotation can be set in the Settings for Plasma.

Settings->Display Configuration->Orientation

This doesn't solve the issue you had, but will allow you to modify the behavior of a running Plasma mobile, for me the drop down menu did not fix my screen being locked to portrait mode, while modifying this setting did.
Hi,
Just received my pinephone today and had the same issue. I did not buy the dock. Did you find another way to fix this issue ?
Wanted to try the "default" OS before playing with another one and don't currently have a SD card on hand....

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PinePhone - boot from microSD laserpyramid 5 299 03-06-2024, 06:37 PM
Last Post: aular
  Boot screen stuck at 'K' because of firmware deleted. poundantisec 9 4,999 08-28-2023, 11:38 AM
Last Post: fxc
  Pinephone won't boot. spha 12 2,465 08-20-2023, 02:44 AM
Last Post: spha
  SD Card has wrong capacity AndyM 11 2,127 06-11-2023, 12:30 AM
Last Post: AndyM
  locked out on PIN screen g40 1 594 06-07-2023, 10:20 PM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  New Pinephone is dead. eMMC, boot, hardware issues. Shane 4 1,344 05-10-2023, 03:31 AM
Last Post: fxc
  UPDATED (June 2021): 17-distro multi-boot image for Pinephone (incl. 3GiB variant) megous 182 240,237 03-05-2023, 11:04 AM
Last Post: Eugo
Sad New PinePhone won't boot 9/10 times - Screen is on but stays black :( dante404 8 5,094 02-03-2023, 01:27 AM
Last Post: dante404
  My screen bottom side has loosed its tactile function arbocenc 1 755 01-06-2023, 10:02 AM
Last Post: britelite
  "PinenotePhone": Swap E-Ink Screen Onto Pinephone? britelite 0 624 01-03-2023, 06:17 PM
Last Post: britelite