DNS Problems with Mobile Data
(03-11-2022, 03:55 PM)Fish Wrote:
(03-03-2022, 01:58 AM)arno_nuehm Wrote: Sadly, the latest Network Manager update to v1.36.0-2 hasn't solved the problem. DNS resolving is still broken and a manual DNS server adress is still needed.

Same here... Reinstalling resolvconf didn´t help either.

Same for ne. Tried the resolve daemon but issue remains. I'm up to date. Will continue to wait. Hope it is functional again soon. Will do a reinstall of Mobian when I absolutely need the connectivity.
(03-13-2022, 02:41 AM)drh Wrote:
(03-11-2022, 03:55 PM)Fish Wrote:
(03-03-2022, 01:58 AM)arno_nuehm Wrote: Sadly, the latest Network Manager update to v1.36.0-2 hasn't solved the problem. DNS resolving is still broken and a manual DNS server adress is still needed.

Same here... Reinstalling resolvconf didn´t help either.

Same for ne. Tried the resolve daemon but issue remains. I'm up to date. Will continue to wait. Hope it is functional again soon. Will do a reinstall of Mobian when I absolutely need the connectivity.

A quick workaround is installing v1.34 of network-manager and libnm0 after every update (or just pin the packages) for if you need connectivity.
(02-20-2022, 12:12 PM)Zebulon Walton Wrote: You can manually set your name servers in /etc/resolv.conf. However if you directly edit the file it will be overwritten on next boot or network connect. Here's how to make it permanent, assuming Mobian is set up the same way as stock Debian and Ubuntu:

https://www.tecmint.com/set-permanent-dn...tu-debian/

Wonderful, works like a charm so far. Thanks for the information.
How large is it to cache and update a DNS server locally?
I've also been having this problem since doing a fresh install from a weekly build a couple months back. 3G works so I haven't been too bothered by it but updating still hasn't fixed 4G. Would a fresh install from an even newer weekly build be the easiest way or is one of these workarounds still the only way? Otherwise I've been very impressed with the other improvements the Mobian team has been making. Thanks in advance for any help.
(04-17-2022, 09:35 AM)biketool Wrote: How large is it to cache and update a DNS server locally?

Just cache? Not too big. Easiest way is probably to flash OpenWrt on to your router, as it's built in there (among many other great features, and more standard Linux experience).
Cheers,
TRS-80

What is Free Software and why is it so important for society?

Protocols, not Platforms

For the most Linux-y experience on your Linux phone, try SXMO!

I am (nominally) the Armbian Maintainer for PineBook Pro (although severely lacking in time these days).
(04-30-2022, 04:42 PM)TRS-80 Wrote:
(04-17-2022, 09:35 AM)biketool Wrote: How large is it to cache and update a DNS server locally?

Just cache?  Not too big.  Easiest way is probably to flash OpenWrt on to your router, as it's built in there (among many other great features, and more standard Linux experience).

The OG WRT54G Linksys AP came out a year or two after y2k... 
But yea, there are several components that we need to bring into Mobian; at least optionally, probably any component we can bring over as a package for road warriors.
For me at least, my mobile phone and data plan IS my router at least 50% of the time when I do not have a trusted network connection WiFi or a network cable.
Ideally mobian would make it easy for a user to use customized DNS as DNS is an easy failure point where freedom and privacy can be attacked.
(02-20-2022, 12:12 PM)Zebulon Walton Wrote: You can manually set your name servers in /etc/resolv.conf. However if you directly edit the file it will be overwritten on next boot or network connect. Here's how to make it permanent, assuming Mobian is set up the same way as stock Debian and Ubuntu:

https://www.tecmint.com/set-permanent-dn...tu-debian/

Hi,

I applied this method and it did work, thanks again for that. Now I'm beginning to wonder if I still need it. Is there some time in the future where I should be able to go back to a network configuration as shipped by debian?  Is this a fix for a problem introduced by using debian testing? I suppose I could just try it and find out, but has anyone else looked into this deeper. Does anyone know why this is needed and why it works? I'd be very interested to learn some of the details.
I am also getting this error ping -6 google.com results in a host unreachable error and ping -4 google.com works as normal this is on the Pinephone Pro Mobian OS
(10-29-2022, 06:33 AM)Ryu Wrote: I am also getting this error ping -6 google.com results in a host unreachable error and ping -4 google.com works as normal this is on the Pinephone Pro Mobian OS

What is the output of "ip -6 route show"?  What carrier are you using?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mobile internet via cellular network mostly not working Anna 18 9,718 01-19-2024, 02:59 AM
Last Post: anonymous
  Stability problems with 6.1 kernel Zebulon Walton 9 2,396 05-12-2023, 08:09 AM
Last Post: zetabeta
  4G data on default startup / boot dcinoz 1 771 04-29-2023, 11:24 PM
Last Post: dcinoz
  Block firefix-esr-mobile-config from (re)installing itself grump_fiddle_reinstall 3 1,453 01-07-2023, 09:36 AM
Last Post: dcarvil
Exclamation No modems were found: No mobile data, no 2G anonymous 2 1,269 12-26-2022, 06:46 PM
Last Post: anonymous
  very slow processing of MMS received via Ting (T-Mobile) treebeard 6 2,358 12-01-2022, 09:18 AM
Last Post: traut
  Problems after Tow-Boot Dinosaur1946 3 1,649 09-18-2022, 12:48 AM
Last Post: SpaggettiCoder
  Will this battery-saving script cause problems? rp3 1 1,130 08-28-2022, 02:00 PM
Last Post: biketool
  Tow-boot problems and restoring uboot Zebulon Walton 15 7,281 08-14-2022, 11:09 AM
Last Post: shulamy
  Amberol Mobile Music player(flatpak) biketool 0 882 06-19-2022, 07:16 AM
Last Post: biketool