Is Manjaro Plasma stable for anyone?
The unstable update still black screens on boot today. I can only access the phone by having set up sshd first.
The stable update of Manjaro Plasma does not black screen as of 6-15-22 today. I now have it on the SD chip with Mobian on the main storage.

Playing an audio clip using the KDE voice recorder app undoes the playback speedup after suspend.
I really want to get a hold of SOME operating system so I can ACTUALLY START my PinePhone Pro journey. Any help how this can be achieved via tethering to download would be TREMENDOUSLY appreciated (in advance).

For what it's worth, I have a Linux computer that I can try to download via tethering. I'm not a complete n00b, but THIS whole situation has been such a a TREMENDOUS series of unending problems that I am starting to feel like one! I wasn't into Linux long. My FIRST distribution was Debian 6.
 Like computing && Like Linux == good people
Actually, unstable updates can set the screen brightness to black. Then the only recovery is a reinstall; reverting to the stable branch is not sufficient.

This happened today, June 20, 2022. So, when doing the unstable update, the substitution for kwayland-server can not be allowed.

The installation of Tow-boot is required for a tethered installation.

(06-20-2022, 12:41 PM)mburns Wrote: Actually, unstable updates can set the screen brightness to black. Then the only recovery is a reinstall; reverting to the stable branch is not sufficient.

This happened today, June 20, 2022. So, when doing the unstable update, the substitution for kwayland-server can not be allowed.

The installation of Tow-boot is required for a tethered installation.

The stable update for today, June 20, 2022, is safe. Manjaro Plasma can be used today as a start.
The Manjaro Plasma unstable upgrade for today caused a non recoverable session locking problem. Switching to the testing branch and executing pacman -Syyuu by way of ssh fixed the issue. I did not allow the replacement of Kwayland-server for the testing update.

A repeated execution of systemctl suspend now fixes the playback speed issue. But a suspension by timeout can repeat the problem.This also holds for Mobian.

If I were sufficiently frustrated, then I would disengage by switching to the stable branch of Manjaro Plasma and testing the upgrades of Manjaro and Mobian once per week, or even less often.
Actually, the the need to reboot after a session unlock happens on occasion in unstable at least. With no keyboard for the desktop Plasma screen, the reboot is necessary.

I did allow the replacement of kwayland-server when I switched back to the unstable branch. There is no easy way to undo that upgrade.

Today's upgrade for Mobian seems sometimes to not allow a suspend to fix the playback speed issue. So I made a large swapfile to allow the hibernate command instead. Of course hibernation would fix the playback speed.

Sometimes in the terminal app, toggling the control key is necessary to get the rest of the keyboard to appear. And the terminal app keyboard often converts to the www layout. Then I must click the world key to select the terminal layout.
The playback issue is corrected by the systemctl suspend command, but only when the playback is active at the suspend. This holds for Mobian and Manjaro Plasma. But the KDE recorder fix only works when the playback needing correction is paused.
(06-22-2022, 09:03 AM)mburns Wrote: Actually, the the need to reboot after a session unlock happens on occasion in unstable at least. With no keyboard for the desktop Plasma screen, the reboot is necessary.

I did allow the replacement of kwayland-server when I switched back to the unstable branch. There is no easy way to undo that upgrade.

Today's upgrade for Mobian seems sometimes to not allow a suspend to fix the playback speed issue. So I made a large swapfile to allow the hibernate command instead. Of course hibernation would fix the playback speed.

Sometimes in the terminal app, toggling the control key is necessary to get the rest of the keyboard to appear. And the terminal app keyboard often converts to the www layout. Then I must click the world key to select the terminal layout.

I have the same problem of needing to force shut down when my screen gets locked, because I can't unlock it with my keyboard. It says there is some failure and happens every and each time the screen is locked.
There are new updates for Mobian and Manjaro Plasma unstable branch.

The gesture and button control seems to be improving for both.

On Plasma, the screen terminal and the screen keyboard are much improved in appearance, but they can now refuse to yield their screen space without typing exit. The playback speedup is more difficult to incite, and the session locking can still be provoked.
I now find it to be useful in Manjaro Plasma to set the display magnification to 150%, to force the font dots per inch to 201, and to set the default font size to 6 points.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [WIP] KDE Plasma Mobile 6.0 Builds & Ports dorkydev 4 410 03-18-2024, 09:43 AM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  "failed to start simple desktop display manager" PinePhonePro / Plasma Beta15 RC4 OhMeadhbh 1 581 11-09-2023, 07:39 AM
Last Post: mburns
  Manajaro Plasma 6 files break unstable updates, 6-30 mburns 5 1,484 07-20-2023, 11:19 AM
  Manjaro Plasma unstable branch glitch mburns 2 995 06-21-2023, 08:03 AM
  Manjaro as shipped & camera? hambonius 1 850 06-20-2023, 02:26 PM
Last Post: fxc
  Manjaro Phosh - Tiny Blue Indicator Light - Blinking ArchiMark 2 874 06-11-2023, 04:12 PM
Last Post: ArchiMark
  Netfilter not working on latest manjaro kernel robocone 1 1,131 12-29-2022, 09:11 PM
Last Post: robocone
  root password for manjaro Pine pro explorer edition HK order? Piotr 1 1,391 12-02-2022, 02:45 PM
Last Post: fxc
  Plasma Mobile Taskbar / Navigation Bar is Missing & Upper Panel X0X0X0X0X0 1 1,253 11-24-2022, 07:19 AM
  PinePhone Pro Manjaro Plasma Mobile Beta 13 & No Audio with Phone Calls X0X0X0X0X0 0 1,051 11-02-2022, 02:09 PM
Last Post: X0X0X0X0X0