3.5 connector.
Hi guys,
I received yesterday a couple of pine64 boards.
the thing is that I connected a headset to the 3.5 mm and it did not work as expected :-)

1 with android image, the SO detect them as as regualar earphones. (without mic) I cant record anything.
2 with ubuntu image. the operating system only show the devices for the hdmi audio.

So can someone confirm how this work? I guess is something that was not 100% compatible on the software side. but I would like to have a confirmation.

Regards.
The hdmi is hit&miss right now... um, the software needs to catch up to the hardware. We cannot set the hdmi_group for instance... and there does not seem to be a way to force hdmi audio vs analog audio; nor the other way round.

The mali display driver is on its way for the gnu+linux images anyway, and before too long I trust that hdmi will be configurable; which will include the audio (be patient) a lot of this is still developmental and these board are really still development boards (which means huge potential but innevitable growing pains )
Big Grin

did you try debian? or remix?
(07-01-2016, 08:32 AM)MarkHaysHarris777 Wrote: The hdmi is hit&miss right now... um, the software needs to catch up to the hardware. We cannot set the hdmi_group for instance... and there does not seem to be a way to force hdmi audio vs analog audio; nor the other way round.

The mali display driver is on its way for the gnu+linux images anyway, and before too long I trust that hdmi will be configurable; which will include the audio (be patient) a lot of this is still developmental and these board are really still development boards (which means huge potential but innevitable growing pains )
Big Grin

did you try debian? or remix?

Thak you for your answer,
No I didn't try debian or remixos I thought ubunto was the best linux for this board. not trying to start a war here :-) I love debian.
I will try those but I have only two SD and I still haven't figure out how I'm, going to use the pine. But I love it.
atm buntu is the best linux distro for this board; has the least issues; for me, the tightvncserver does not work on debian and that's a show stopper for me.

Many folks are having trouble making hdmi work (I think its a CEA vs DMT thing, jury is still out) but I can't make it fail... no hdmi issues here (on any of the imgs).
I'm still using the old Arch distro from earlier. :-). Ubuntu has the most support ATM because of Longsleep's hard work.
(07-01-2016, 07:50 AM)Miguel Campos Wrote: the thing is that I connected a headset to the 3.5 mm and it did not work as expected :-)

1 with android image, the SO detect them as as regualar earphones. (without mic) I cant record anything.
2 with ubuntu image. the operating system only show the devices for the hdmi audio.

I'm sure I remember reading somewhere on this forum that someone was using a headset microphone, but unfortunately like you I've not had any luck. Remix doesn't seem to be able to use a headset mic or a 4-pole TRRS mic adapter. It would be nice to know from the PINE people if this is something that's being looked at, or if it's a hardware limitation, etc. I also tried a cheap USB mic I had lying around but no joy there either, not that I was really expecting that to work!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Jack connector problem pinebug 0 1,479 11-10-2022, 01:46 PM
Last Post: pinebug
  Supply DC power to Pine64 via Pi-2 Connector & Euler Bus? crapped 2 5,572 05-24-2018, 01:58 AM
Last Post: crapped