Installed Arch Phosh On Btrfs Root
Big Grin 
I successfully succeeded in having My Root filesystem use Btrfs , next step is to play with snapper
[Image: Btrfs-pinephone-Pro.jpg]

Will soon post a guide on how to , for those wanting to know / try

but basically goes as follow :

Started by flashing an image of arch phosh

backed up the filesystem in a tar

setting up an ext4 boot partition and the Btrfs partition and subvolumes

extracting the fs from the tar back into the mounted btrfs layout

added some arguments to boot.txt inside /boot ( extraargs=rootflags=subvol=@ rootfstype=btrfs ) to the setenv line

regenerated a boot.scr with mkimage

fixed fstab with uuid
Got a Snapper Config running on it ! , Currently restoring them from pc , but will probably flash tow-boot and a minimal install on emmc to restore from there if anything break

[Image: ppp-snapper-list.jpg]
Very cool, looking forward to a guide with some more details.
(02-16-2022, 04:15 PM)xnopasaranx Wrote: Very cool, looking forward to a guide with some more details.

https://github.com/K-arch27/pinebtrfs
Thank you so much! The guide and scripts are very helpful, I am going through the process right now. So far everything is going really well and I am also glad to have used the occasion to finally back up my PPP arch install.
Well... I got stuck fairly hard after the last steps. I disabled the splash screen in boot.txt and was able to see the error message, "filesystem btrfs unknown". I had to chroot into the system by booting from an sdcard, mounting the btrfs filesystem
Code:
#!/bin/bash
BOOTUUID=$(blkid -o value -s UUID /dev/mmcblk) # your boot partition
ROOTUUID=$(blkid -o value -s UUID /dev/mmcblk) # your root partition
mount UUID=${ROOTUUID} -o compress=zstd /mnt
mkdir /mnt/.snapshots
mkdir /mnt/opt
mkdir /mnt/root
mkdir /mnt/srv
mkdir /mnt/tmp
mkdir -p /mnt/usr/local
mkdir -p /mnt/var/cache
mkdir /mnt/var/log
mkdir /mnt/var/spool
mkdir /mnt/var/tmp
mkdir /mnt/boot
mkdir /mnt/home
mount UUID=${ROOTUUID} -o noatime,compress=zstd,ssd,commit=120,subvol=@/.snapshots /mnt/.snapshots
mount UUID=${ROOTUUID} -o noatime,compress=zstd,ssd,commit=120,subvol=@/opt /mnt/opt
mount UUID=${ROOTUUID} -o noatime,compress=zstd,ssd,commit=120,subvol=@/root /mnt/root
mount UUID=${ROOTUUID} -o noatime,compress=zstd,ssd,commit=120,subvol=@/srv /mnt/srv
mount UUID=${ROOTUUID} -o noatime,compress=zstd,ssd,commit=120,subvol=@/tmp /mnt/tmp
mount UUID=${ROOTUUID} -o noatime,compress=zstd,ssd,commit=120,subvol=@/usr/local /mnt/usr/local
mount UUID=${ROOTUUID} -o noatime,ssd,commit=120,subvol=@/var/cache /mnt/var/cache
mount UUID=${ROOTUUID} -o noatime,ssd,commit=120,subvol=@/var/log,nodatacow /mnt/var/log
mount UUID=${ROOTUUID} -o noatime,ssd,commit=120,subvol=@/var/spool,nodatacow /mnt/var/spool
mount UUID=${ROOTUUID} -o noatime,ssd,commit=120,subvol=@/var/tmp,nodatacow /mnt/var/tmp
mount UUID=${BOOTUUID} /mnt/boot

and then a simple
Code:
mkinitcpio -p linux-megi
did the trick. You should really mention this in your guide though, people who are not familiar with arch might screw up their install and not know what to do.
yeah I'm still testing things out , might also need to remove the fsck hook from the mkinicpio.conf , but also I'm making ready to flash image of Arch phosh/plasma/sxmo for those not familiar with arch/linux

Edit : image are now uploaded to the Github page and the guide as been updated a bit to be more clear

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Command lines to remove the Phosh UI dorkydev 1 247 02-12-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: nekonosuke
  A Btrfs Image for Arch SXMO on the Pinephone Pro mburns 2 742 11-23-2023, 08:44 AM
Last Post: mburns
  The Mobian Phosh Experience mburns 1 794 11-18-2023, 08:21 AM
Last Post: crocspot
  Arch SXMO Stopped Booting After A Megi Linux Update. mburns 0 416 11-07-2023, 09:52 AM
  Mobian Phosh Gnome Software Is Recommending A Broken Update. mburns 0 545 10-14-2023, 11:57 AM
  The Phosh Web app vs Angelfish mburns 0 612 06-19-2023, 11:57 AM
  Manjaro Phosh - Tiny Blue Indicator Light - Blinking ArchiMark 2 873 06-11-2023, 04:12 PM
Last Post: ArchiMark
  How do I tell Phosh that my app is mobile friendly? Barugon 5 1,519 06-05-2023, 09:24 PM
Last Post: Barugon
  Phosh Updating - Battery Charge Indicator - Jittery Settings - Display Usability ArchiMark 4 1,291 05-28-2023, 07:00 AM
Last Post: ArchiMark
  Arch Linux Arm DanctNIX complete setup mikehenson 2 2,274 05-07-2023, 10:00 PM
Last Post: mikehenson