PackageKit daemon has crashed
(03-22-2022, 04:53 AM)spartan Wrote: I didn't realize you had asked me a question. I see that wibble already answered your question.

(03-17-2022, 10:53 AM)S H Wrote: So my question is what is the point of having a GUI update choice that may or may not work when the update has to be run from the command line? Is it just a bug that prevents the GUI update from completing the update?

Discover should use packagekit to upgrade the system or install software. If there is a problem, it is with packagekit.

(03-17-2022, 10:53 AM)S H Wrote: After reading https://wiki.manjaro.org/index.php?title...n_Overview I ran "sudo pacman -Syu" and the phone updated (a lot of code lines went by).

When you ran "sudo pacman -Syu", you should have been prompted for a password. Do you wonder why you are not prompted for the password when you do the same thing with Discover? packagekit does the job here. You may have already solved the problem and are no longer interested, but your question may be answered if you look into the difference between what sudo allows you to do and what packagekit allows you to do.

Hi, I am very interested. It did prompt me for a password and I was able to update. I have no idea why Discover doesn't prompt for a password. It could be its badly  programed or it could be that it was not intended to update that level of software. As I mentioned before I'm new to Linux. Do you have any resources you can suggest for some one new to learn Linux i.e. be able to look up the difference between Sudo and packagekit.

Thanks in advance

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Keyboard Case Power Management Daemon estokes 11 5,998 04-19-2022, 07:41 AM
Last Post: PineFLOWn