Jump Drive for the Pine Phone Pro
Is the "Jump Drive" image for the 'Pine phone Pro' available yet ?

I understand the original "Jump Drive"  image is only for the original Pine phone.
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
https://github.com/dreemurrs-embedded/Ju.../issues/68
Any News on the "jump drive image" for the Explorer Pro edition ?
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
(02-16-2022, 02:44 AM)bcnaz Wrote: Any News on the "jump drive image"  for the Explorer Pro edition ?

Have you considered installing tow-boot to spi instead of using the normal u-boot? It has fixed suspend/wake for me and when booting and holding volume up, you can put your ppp into mass storage mode and basically replace jump drive with a built in solution. I have to admit, that I have not tried flashing anything via tow-boot mass storage option as of yet, though.
Tow-boot is still kinda new, lets see how it progresses.

The recovery from suspend problem seems "fixed on my original Pine phones", only my Explorer Pro w/Mobian is not recovering.

I currently have Arch/Phosh on my Pro and it recovers almost instantly.

No O.S. I have tried yet on the Pro shows a green boot light ?
Arch uses the vibrate as a boot indicator.... but no boot indicator light.

The phones read speed of the emmc is about 7 times faster than its read speed of the sd cards.
The sd cards are fantastic for test driving, but for performance the emmc is the way to go for longer term use.
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
Hi,
I don't understand how works Tow-boot.
How I use Tow-boot ? Do I use it like jumpdrive ?
Can I install an os on my pinephone pro with etcher with Manjaro desktop on my computer ?
(03-25-2022, 09:20 AM)matbos Wrote: Hi,
I don't understand how works Tow-boot.
How I use Tow-boot ? Do I use it like jumpdrive ?
Can I install an os on my pinephone pro with etcher with Manjaro desktop on my computer ?

When you install tow-boot, you have 3 different options upon boot.

1) eMMC - turning on the phone and leaving it along will boot to the OS on the eMMC
2) SD card - when the red light turns on after booting it up, hold the volume down button until the phone buzzes and the LED finishes changing colours (I think it cycles from blue to white or something like that). Let go of the volume down button once the LED stops cycling
3) USB storage - when the red light turns on after booting it up, hold the volume up button for a few seconds and you can connect the PPP to a computer to access the eMMC. You can easily flash a new OS to the eMMC using this method. This is the method you can install a new on the PPP using etcher

There are some YouTube videos that guide you through the process as well, but this is it in a nutshell.
(03-25-2022, 10:35 AM)LPIZ Wrote: 1) eMMC - turning on the phone and leaving it along will boot to the OS on the eMMC
2) SD card - when the red light turns on after booting it up, hold the volume down button until the phone buzzes and the LED finishes changing colours (I think it cycles from blue to white or something like that). Let go of the volume down button once the LED stops cycling
3) USB storage - when the red light turns on after booting it up, hold the volume up button for a few seconds and you can connect the PPP to a computer to access the eMMC. You can easily flash a new OS to the eMMC using this method. This is the method you can install a new on the PPP using etcher

2) Hold volume down, press and hold power button until red led comes on, release power button while continuing to hold volume down until led changes to yellow.
3) Hold volume up, press and hold power button until red led comes on, release power button while continuing to hold volume up until led changes to blue.
(02-16-2022, 06:00 PM)bcnaz Wrote: Tow-boot is still kinda new,  lets see how it progresses.

The recovery from suspend problem seems "fixed on my original Pine phones",  only my Explorer Pro w/Mobian is not recovering.

I currently have Arch/Phosh on my Pro and it recovers almost instantly.

No O.S. I have tried yet on the Pro shows a green boot light  ?
Arch uses the vibrate as a boot indicator....  but no boot indicator light.

The phones read speed of the emmc  is about 7 times faster than its read speed of the sd cards.
The sd cards are fantastic for test driving,  but for performance  the emmc is the way to go for longer term use.

I installed Tow-Boot to my PPP's SPI, I run Arch from the SD card, and I removed U-Boot and the factory OS volumes from the eMMC. Green boot light seems to work fine for me. Probably because there is no longer any reason to hold the Volume Down button while pressing the Power button (which I believe does return a blue LED and a short vibration, when using Tow-Boot), in order to boot from the SD. Which the phone will default to, with the eMMC wiped. You just hold the Power button for a sec and the phone wakes right up, or powers on, if it was off. This is just "as I understand it to be". If I've mis-stated something here, anyone can please feel free to correct me.
Does tow-boot on SPI eliminate or supersede u-boot on sd card? Should tow-boot on SPI some how fail, what does recovery on the PPP Dev edition entail?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pine Phone Pro audio on phone calls: discussion, support and tips apink 42 11,434 12-26-2023, 02:14 PM
Last Post: apink
  Guide to Suitable Phone State Borealid 19 10,228 09-18-2023, 07:00 AM
Last Post: robocone
  Phone Attitude(Device orientation) lurkadillian 2 991 06-22-2023, 08:12 PM
Last Post: lurkadillian
  Pine Phone won't boot into recovery mode ninjapig26@gmail.com 3 1,674 02-18-2023, 06:14 PM
Last Post: fxc
  [Mobian] No return from locked phone arno_nuehm 1 975 02-06-2023, 07:57 AM
Last Post: arno_nuehm
  Phone shuts down unexpectedly Hobgoblin 3 1,520 12-20-2022, 01:11 PM
Last Post: Fish
  root password for manjaro Pine pro explorer edition HK order? Piotr 1 1,388 12-02-2022, 02:45 PM
Last Post: fxc
  Sound completely gone with Mobian in Phone Call configuration EwigeBlumenkraft 2 1,690 11-11-2022, 09:18 PM
  PinePhone Pro Manjaro Plasma Mobile Beta 13 & No Audio with Phone Calls X0X0X0X0X0 0 1,050 11-02-2022, 02:09 PM
Last Post: X0X0X0X0X0
  Outgoing audio in phone calls gone linuxfreedom 6 3,165 10-25-2022, 08:40 PM