Check Battery Level for Keyboard
I have error when trying read keyboard battery status:
ERROR: Proxy read failed with ff

OS latest Manjaro

UPD. Found issue - keyboard battery was fully discharged
(02-10-2022, 06:58 PM)Savrik Wrote: I have error when trying read keyboard battery status:
ERROR: Proxy read failed with ff

OS latest Manjaro

UPD. Found issue - keyboard battery was fully discharged

You will also get that response if you turn the battery pack off by holding the button on the side.
Is there any way to have the keyboard battery level appear in the status bar on Manjaro (Plasma Mobile) and to disable the on-screen keyboard automatically appearing whenever the keyboard case is attached?
(02-16-2022, 04:21 AM)arjan1995 Wrote: Is there any way to have the keyboard battery level appear in the status bar on Manjaro (Plasma Mobile) and to disable the on-screen keyboard automatically appearing whenever the keyboard case is attached?

You can't get the battery level in the status bar, maybe post that as an issue/idea for Plasma Mobile. As of right now, when running the commands given by Megi they don't even give a battery percentage. It is mostly useful to know if it is fully charged or full discharged. To disable the keyboard hold down on the home screen for a second or two then click "Add Widget" and one of the widgets will say something like "Input method" or something like that. Add that to your home screen and click it, that will disable your keyboard. Unfortunately on reboots it tends to disappear so you have to do it again. Though in all fairness, that is still faster than doing it on Phosh because Phosh also forgets the keyboard should be off.
(02-16-2022, 10:00 AM)ragreenburg Wrote:
(02-16-2022, 04:21 AM)arjan1995 Wrote: Is there any way to have the keyboard battery level appear in the status bar on Manjaro (Plasma Mobile) and to disable the on-screen keyboard automatically appearing whenever the keyboard case is attached?

You can't get the battery level in the status bar, maybe post that as an issue/idea for Plasma Mobile. As of right now, when running the commands given by Megi they don't even give a battery percentage. It is mostly useful to know if it is fully charged or full discharged. To disable the keyboard hold down on the home screen for a second or two then click "Add Widget" and one of the widgets will say something like "Input method" or something like that. Add that to your home screen and click it, that will disable your keyboard. Unfortunately on reboots it tends to disappear so you have to do it again. Though in all fairness, that is still faster than doing it on Phosh because Phosh also forgets the keyboard should be off.

Thanks, will try that later today.

After the latest update, i noticed that the keyboard is indeed listed in /sys/class/power_supply (like described above). No percentage, but has the voltage.
Interestingly, the keyboard only stops charging the phone when the battery is around 3.0v. Isn't that very low? And will that not damage / degrade the battery very quickly?
(02-17-2022, 04:18 AM)arjan1995 Wrote:
(02-16-2022, 10:00 AM)ragreenburg Wrote:

Thanks, will try that later today.

After the latest update, i noticed that the keyboard is indeed listed in /sys/class/power_supply (like described above). No percentage, but has the voltage.
Interestingly, the keyboard only stops charging the phone when the battery is around 3.0v. Isn't that very low? And will that not damage / degrade the battery very quickly?

I don't know enough about hardware to know if that would be bad for the battery but I do know Megi mentioned that as being fully discharged in the FAQ, "If the reported voltage is very low (< 3 V) the keyboard battery is completely discharged."
I use such a cable for charging:

https://de.aliexpress.com/item/100500470...pt=glo2deu

It says how much power is drawn during charging. If the keyboard is fully charged, it goes to zero.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  keyboard case charging but not typing new2pinephone 18 5,216 02-19-2024, 07:30 AM
Last Post: theResonant
  Keyboard doesn't charge my phone no matter what, so can I charge my phone directly ragreenburg 3 5,555 01-14-2024, 03:34 PM
Last Post: acid andy
  I've added an I2C connector to the PP keyboard eugenr 0 359 11-26-2023, 07:24 AM
Last Post: eugenr
  Update the PinePhone keyboard driver to support missing characters? Peter Gamma 8 7,904 10-22-2023, 08:43 PM
Last Post: Peter Gamma
  key repeat with pinephone keyboard rotwang 0 392 10-22-2023, 03:39 PM
Last Post: rotwang
Exclamation USB mouse isn't working when a PP keyboard is attached? mikeb 3 1,113 10-21-2023, 08:21 PM
  Pinephone with mini keyboard, trackpad and large power bank? Peter Gamma 0 448 10-21-2023, 07:50 AM
  Which mini keyboard and mouse to choose for the PP? Peter Gamma 0 562 10-21-2023, 02:55 AM
  Use the Linux Console with the PinePhone Keyboard mburns 2 905 10-20-2023, 04:11 PM
Last Post: mburns
  How to disassemble Keyboard top and replace cables? elof 2 718 10-11-2023, 09:03 AM
Last Post: elof