Improving the forum
Information 
Well guys our proyect is about to be founded!
and so we are able to request features help examples for this board this board has a lot of potential.
but not everybody is able to manage and complete its projects or ideas for its owm
so we need som help
just the fact that allwinner its a new SOC ( not a common use one )
we need help to understand and work with our boards
and to be able to work with our board flawlessly we need some examples
in other words
we need a part of the forum that is for learning ,

a noob section and an advanced section with examples and ideas of how to make some thinks with the board
with exampes How-To code and thinks like that
pretty much like the arduino playground i know that this is serious code and i like that, to be able to code all of this we need examples and people that make this content.
and not only that, we need also that people in the forum support ideas
thats why the forum exist anyway.
so if we want a big and nice community we need to work together. so this project can become the project we want it to be Big Grin 

please post what  kind of content you think is nedded in this forum
. so the creators can work on that Smile

@tllim you are a moderator in the forum please help us with this

thanks.!!
(sorry for my English its not my native lang Smile )
By. Zoidiano0!
Installed:
LAMP: Linux , Apache2.4 , Mariadb, phpMyadmin, PHP5 
Java 8 arm by oracle
Netbeans 8.1
chromium (uses way toooo much Ram)

Pine64 Head Unit Project.!
(01-22-2016, 01:38 PM)Zoidiano0 Wrote: Well guys our proyect is about to be founded!
and so we are able to request features help examples for this board this board has a lot of potential.
but not everybody is able to manage and complete its projects or ideas for its owm
so we need som help
just the fact that allwinner its a new SOC ( not a common use one )
we need help to understand and work with our boards
and to be able to work with our board flawlessly we need some examples
in other words
we need a part of the forum that is for learning ,

a noob section and an advanced section with examples and ideas of how to make some thinks with the board
with exampes How-To code and thinks like that
pretty much like the arduino playground i know that this is serious code and i like that, to be able to code all of this we need examples and people that make this content.
and not only that, we need also that people in the forum support ideas
thats why the forum exist anyway.
so if we want a big and nice community we need to work together. so this project can become the project we want it to be Big Grin 

please post what  kind of content you think is nedded in this forum
. so the creators can work on that Smile

@tllim you are a moderator in the forum please help us with this

thanks.!!
(sorry for my English its not my native lang Smile )

Thanks on the suggestion and gradually we will extend some sections. Lets work together, we also welcome people to help us moderate this forum. I view this is a everybody forum who interest in Pine64 SBC, this forum should not particular serve only company interest.
+1 on the moderator part. You may as well consider promoting "Ghost of Tom 'Skairkroh' Bule", he has been answering a lot of questions on your behalf to keep backers on track of their needs (in case you are wondering thats not me haha :-) )!

A couple suggestions for the forum in my opinion:

1) As a Comp. Science student aspirant on the subject of Arduinos and Rhasberry PIs and now Pine64, one suggestion would be to consider a more friendly section organization or simple description for the forum. As a rookie, I can barely understand what is the scope of the subjects. For example, I have best guesses on "Game Station Emulation". Is that for people interested on using their PineA64 as a replacement of a Videogame Console? If so, then maybe describing as a video game console section/ish is more familiar to the public in general who is just getting started on it thanks to the PineA64 affordable price.

2) What about breaking the "general discussion" board section to general sections for each different users group? For example, the $89 tier suggests this as to replace a laptop or ipad for the average user. I think they would have an easier time discussing general things to do with their PineA64 than say, trying to figure that out navigating over general discussions on  board sections where people are talking about integration with Arduino or modules or, you know. Huh 

3) I am not terrible clear what is the difference between the Hardware Device and Peripheral board under 'Hardware' section versus the Keyboards and Remote section either since the later description mentions 'peripheral discussion' (?? seems to overlap with the other section). You may want to revise that!

4) On the Software section, consider replacing 'Android Related Discussion' to examples of what can be discussed. As a rookie, again, just staring at this doesn't tell me much. If you would mention what is out there, then I may find out things that haven't even been discussed on the forum yet. (this same statement applies to pretty much all descriptions that repeat the title and say 'section for <title here> discussion'.

In short: It would be great if the forum would be more welcoming to the newbies.

5) A dedicated board section for educational resources curated by users / and

6) dedicated board section tell us about their projects where people could open their threads and have discussion going of what they are up to on their PINEA64. would be great too (since we can subscribe to threads and this pretty much would be a "RSS Feed on news of your favorite project"! A user already started a thread on general discussion, but seeing this is one cool thing about PineA64 and those little folks, I guess it would even be great for you guys to sample later on a board section projects done on the PINEA64 for featuring from your users (and great for us to try new things!) :-)
(01-23-2016, 06:40 PM)carlosviansi Wrote: +1 on the moderator part. You may as well consider promoting "Ghost of Tom 'Skairkroh' Bule", he has been answering a lot of questions on your behalf to keep backers on track of their needs (in case you are wondering thats not me haha :-) )!

1) As a Comp. Science student aspirant on the subject of Arduinos and Rhasberry PIs and now Pine64, one suggestion would be to consider a more friendly section organization or simple description for the forum. As a rookie, I can barely understand what is the scope of the subjects. For example, I have best guesses on "Game Station Emulation". Is that for people interested on using their PineA64 as a replacement of a Videogame Console? If so, then maybe describing as a video game console section/ish is more familiar to the public in general who is just getting started on it thanks to the PineA64 affordable price.

2) What about breaking the "general discussion" board section to general sections for each different users group? For example, the $89 tier suggests this as to replace a laptop or ipad for the average user. I think they would have an easier time discussing general things to do with their PineA64 than say, trying to figure that out navigating over general discussions on  board sections where people are talking about integration with Arduino or modules or, you know. Huh 

3) I am not terrible clear what is the difference between the Hardware Device and Peripheral board under 'Hardware' section versus the Keyboards and Remote section either since the later description mentions 'peripheral discussion' (?? seems to overlap with the other section). You may want to revise that!

4) On the Software section, consider replacing 'Android Related Discussion' to examples of what can be discussed. As a rookie, again, just staring at this doesn't tell me much. If you would mention what is out there, then I may find out things that haven't even been discussed on the forum yet. (this same statement applies to pretty much all descriptions that repeat the title and say 'section for <title here> discussion'.

In short: It would be great if the forum would be more welcoming to the newbies.

6) dedicated board section tell us about their projects where people could open their threads and have discussion going of what they are up to on their PINEA64. would be great too (since we can subscribe to threads and this pretty much would be a "RSS Feed on news of your favorite project"! A user already started a thread on general discussion, but seeing this is one cool thing about PineA64 and those little folks, I guess it would even be great for you guys to sample later on a board section projects done on the PINEA64 for featuring from your users (and great for us to try new things!) :-)

I aware about "Ghost of Tom 'Skairkroh' Bule" and thanks on his assistance on answering KS question. My focus more on forum and looking forward on his assistance. I have no problem on invite him as moderator and also pass him a free board.

1. This forum still in nascent and will morph according to forum user interest and development. From time to time, we can create new section for interested paries to participate. The "Game Station Emulation" is not intent to replace current game console in market. This name itself reflect the popular open source software that for user that interest on retro game.

2. I agree that from time to time, we need to sort out the section.

3. We will revsiit

4., 5. 6.  Sometimes, "outsider" can provide better suggestion than "insider". We have interest to MAKE THE FORUM AS FRIENDLY AS POSSIBLE, AS LESS CONFUSE AS POSSIBLE, AND NEWBIE ALWAYS WELCOME.

Interest to become moderator and help us up?

... TL Lim
(01-23-2016, 07:02 PM)tllim Wrote:
(01-23-2016, 06:40 PM)carlosviansi Wrote: +1 on the moderator part. You may as well consider promoting "Ghost of Tom 'Skairkroh' Bule", he has been answering a lot of questions on your behalf to keep backers on track of their needs (in case you are wondering thats not me haha :-) )!

I aware about "Ghost of Tom 'Skairkroh' Bule" and thanks on his assistance on answering KS question. My focus more on forum and looking forward on his assistance. I have no problem on invite him as moderator and also pass him a free board.

1. This forum still in nascent and will morph according to forum user interest and development. From time to time, we can create new section for interested paries to participate. The "Game Station Emulation" is not intent to replace current game console in market. This name itself reflect the popular open source software that for user that interest on retro game.

2. I agree that from time to time, we need to sort out the section.

3. We will revsiit

4., 5. 6.  Sometimes, "outsider" can provide better suggestion than "insider". We have interest to MAKE THE FORUM AS FRIENDLY AS POSSIBLE, AS LESS CONFUSE AS POSSIBLE, AND NEWBIE ALWAYS WELCOME.

Interest to become moderator and help us up?

... TL Lim

Tl Lim: That's great! Thanks for considering my input again.

As for becoming a moderator and helping your team up: Sure! We share a common interest in making the PineA64 community blossom as healthy and strong as possible. It is to the best of my interest to learn as much as possible from the community since I am new to the domain, and serving as a mediator for the team and the backers looks to me a wonderful way to be at the center of everything new surrounding the project.

I have hopes to join a group on my university dedicated to doing research with Arduinos after joining in for my PhD, so maybe there is potential to consider ideas on how to promote the PineA64 around here too (I am based in the University of Hawaii at Manoa). Also on the university aspect, my home country is Brazil and I do think the inexpensive price of the PineA64 could also appeal to students back in my home university (sadly not exactly now since the dollar is trending really high to my country, but most definetely after it lowers down again!).

I praise your initiative on keeping tracking on what is going on here and looking for community representatives, this is where a large amount of kickstarter projects I backed felt short. :-) How do you plan to organize the moderators around to share feedback and decide on community oriented steps?
Hi!

This is Ghost of Tom 'Skairkroh' Bule Smile

I am happy to help out on the kickstarter page to answer basic repeated questions. This gives tllim and others more time to focus on dealing with more technical questions here on the forum Smile

As for improving the forum, like tllim says, things are still in the early stages and it will change and grow naturally according to user contributions. Occasionally a section may need to be renamed. For instance, the Game Station Emulation section could be renamed as Video Game Emulation, or perhaps Game System Emulation, or just simply Emulation, if you wanted to cover a broader topic base.
(01-23-2016, 07:26 PM)SkairkrohBule Wrote: Hi!

This is Ghost of Tom 'Skairkroh' Bule Smile

I am happy to help out on the kickstarter page to answer basic repeated questions. This gives tllim and others more time to focus on dealing with more technical questions here on the forum Smile

As for improving the forum, like tllim says, things are still in the early stages and it will change and grow naturally according to user contributions. Occasionally a section may need to be renamed. For instance, the Game Station Emulation section could be renamed more simply as Game Emulation. This would give the section a broader scope than a focus purely on EmulationStation.
Hello 'Skairkroh' Bule,

Thanks on your assistance at KS. Please PM me your shipping address and phone number, I will ship out one Pine A64 board to you on Monday. If you are OK, welcome to join us as moderator.

Cheers,
TL Lim
Please disable the "auto-quote the entire thread" when you press a reply (not a "quck reply", quick reply is fine where it shows up)
(01-23-2016, 11:40 PM)Andru Wrote: Please disable the "auto-quote the entire thread" when you press a reply (not a "quck reply", quick reply is fine where it shows up)

When I click 'New reply' it doesn't quote anything.
When I click 'Reply' on a post, it'll quote what that user posted, including nested quotes, but not the whole thread.
(01-24-2016, 05:23 AM)Opine Wrote:
(01-23-2016, 11:40 PM)Andru Wrote: Please disable the "auto-quote the entire thread" when you press a reply (not a "quck reply", quick reply is fine where it shows up)

When I click 'New reply' it doesn't quote anything.
When I click 'Reply' on a post, it'll quote what that user posted, including nested quotes, but not the whole thread.

I guess what Andru means is when there are lots of nested quotes, replies can get quite long.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A dedicated forum for guides and tutorials? shockr 5 6,701 01-16-2017, 04:39 PM
Last Post: tllim
  deutschsprachiges Forum g0su 15 19,474 01-13-2017, 06:01 PM
Last Post: TheLostBit
  HTTPS for the forum and other webpages baryluk 1 3,033 01-02-2017, 02:25 PM
  robots.txt on wiki and forum lvella 3 4,987 06-11-2016, 08:55 AM
  Where is the posts from the old forum irishbiker 4 5,508 05-04-2016, 03:20 AM
Last Post: Ghost
  Forum Revamp Ghost 20 24,034 04-19-2016, 06:22 AM
Last Post: tkaiser