Arch linux phosh - no cellular with T-Mobile sim
Just wondering,

I have went without the sim adapter in the past, --- by carefully lining up the contacts as you slide the sim card into the slot.

--- Just to see IF the adapters are causing the problem.

You could probably get them to send you a sim card that fits without an adapter. ( I think most sim cards are sent out with the 3 size punch-out.)

> I put Phosh/Arch on my Explorer via sd card a few days ago, (Pure Talk sim card without adapter,) That worked just out of the box, cell data even works.

"For the moment", This may be the most 'dependable' O.S. release available for the Explorer Pro series.

I suggest looking into a possible sim card fix closely, ---- before flashing modem firmware.
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
If you are seeing the no sim icon then I think the software side is running. If the software side was not recognising the modem I don't think it would show that icon (when my modem disconnects it shows nothing except wifi at least in phosh) It is possible that it could be a hardware issue also. If your not able to get it going, maybe try reaching out to pine64 support and see if they can assist/warranty it (there is a 30 day device warranty for factory defects according to their store page).
View my projects at: https://gitlab.com/users/The3DmaN/projects or at the3dman.gitlab.io you can also find me on Matrix in many of the Pine related channels.
(02-18-2022, 08:30 AM)The3DmaN Wrote: If you are seeing the no sim icon then I think the software side is running. If the software side was not recognising the modem I don't think it would show that icon (when my modem disconnects it shows nothing except wifi at least in phosh) It is possible that it could be a hardware issue also. If your not able to get it going, maybe try reaching out to pine64 support and see if they can assist/warranty it (there is a 30 day device warranty for factory defects according to their store page).

I'm going to buy a new sim today and see if that works. But, I will be reaching out to them. Thanks for the heads up on the warranty. I don't believe I've done anything that would have damaged the sim contacts. Maybe they can help figure out what's going on...
Pinephone Pro enthusiast and SUPER-HYPED for PineTab 2! PT2 is AWESOME!
Former electrical engineer. Current rancher.

I know a lot about a few things, a little about a lot of things and am ignorant of an unknown number of things.
It appears that my tmobile sim card is somehow locked to my fruit phone or something like that. The sim only works in that one phone. I purchased a tmobile sim kit from the local dollar store (and it was still a dollar…lol). The phone recognized the sim on boot. So, progress is being made and im glad its not the phone hardware. Thanks to all for the ideas.
Pinephone Pro enthusiast and SUPER-HYPED for PineTab 2! PT2 is AWESOME!
Former electrical engineer. Current rancher.

I know a lot about a few things, a little about a lot of things and am ignorant of an unknown number of things.
(02-18-2022, 12:26 PM)Conjada Wrote: It appears that my tmobile sim card is somehow locked to my fruit phone or something like that. The sim only works in that one phone. I purchased a tmobile sim kit from the local dollar store (and it was still a dollar…lol). The phone recognized the sim on boot. So, progress is being made and im glad its not the phone hardware. Thanks to all for the ideas.

Great to hear that you found the cause, and were able to get the phone functioning!
View my projects at: https://gitlab.com/users/The3DmaN/projects or at the3dman.gitlab.io you can also find me on Matrix in many of the Pine related channels.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question T-Mobile and Pinephone Pro in the US jydoxcen 4 799 01-02-2024, 09:08 AM
Last Post: mikehenson
  Onscreen keyboard missing Arch Plasma Libreoffice DaForest 0 567 09-05-2023, 07:03 PM
Last Post: DaForest
  US Mobile...won't support PPP - SOLVED jovval 1 1,024 07-01-2023, 12:50 AM
Last Post: rocket2nfinity
  Manjaro Phosh - Tiny Blue Indicator Light - Blinking ArchiMark 0 732 06-09-2023, 12:55 PM
Last Post: ArchiMark
  Pine Phone Pro: Mobian+plasma mobile GabrieleMax 2 1,550 04-30-2023, 05:03 AM
Last Post: diederik
  Online Accounts (Phosh) Barugon 1 1,177 11-10-2022, 11:24 PM
Last Post: Barugon
  Phosh remote desktop Barugon 5 2,961 09-06-2022, 08:28 AM
Last Post: Barugon
Lightbulb Manjaro Phosh vs. Manjaro Plasma on Pinephone Pro? danimations 10 7,615 07-15-2022, 10:10 AM
Last Post: Fred Zyphal
  [Arch Phosh] Asian characters not displaying bobjrsenior 0 761 06-08-2022, 12:18 PM
Last Post: bobjrsenior
  PinePhone Pro working on Lapdock using Arch Plasma hockleyj 5 2,986 05-27-2022, 05:18 PM
Last Post: hockleyj