What is the camera app on PPP?
I can't find which app starts camera.  Software list on webpage for mobile plasma includes  "plasma camera" but that is not installed on my system which is a stock instal.  pacman doesn't seem to find it for install also.

tom kosvic

I found a camera app and downloaded and installed it with pacman. It is called "camera". But it doesn't start. Says "An error occurred, failed to allocate required memory".
Won't show image and won't take a picture.
I have no idea what to do with that.

There is another app called "megapixels" that might be camera app but it doesn't even load.

Check of dip switches showed all to be up. I cycled dip switch for front camera down then up. No change after reboot. Have never seen an image in camera much less be able to take a picture.

tom kosvic
(02-02-2022, 02:19 PM)tckosvic Wrote: I can't find which app starts camera.  Software list on webpage for mobile plasma includes  "plasma camera" but that is not installed on my system which is a stock instal.  pacman doesn't seem to find it for install also.

tom kosvic

I found a camera app and downloaded and installed it with pacman.  It is called  "camera".  But it doesn't start.  Says "An error occurred, failed to allocate required memory".
Won't show image and won't take a picture.
I have no idea what to do with that.

There is another app called "megapixels" that might be camera app but it doesn't even load.

Check of dip switches showed all to be up.  I cycled dip switch for front camera down then up.  No change after reboot.  Have never seen an image in camera much less be able to take a picture.

tom kosvic

I found on another section of this forum that the camera are not yet supported.  Have to wait til such a date.  I guess I answered my own question

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Back/World camera working after suspend DrYak 2 789 11-14-2023, 09:44 AM
Last Post: DrYak
  Manjaro as shipped & camera? hambonius 1 849 06-20-2023, 02:26 PM
Last Post: fxc
  Megapixels - Camera App - Works w. Beta NOT Pro iwm 3 2,868 11-01-2022, 02:13 PM
Last Post: mburns