Keyboard stopped working -- big problem
My keyboard has stopped working.  When there is a text entry in an app the keyboard does not open.  That leaves you dead in the water.  You can't work with terminal to make any corrections.  I am running off system memory; not an sd card.  Working reasonably well with keyboard til now.

Have restarted several times and also just shutdown and then restarted.  No changes.

What does the RE button do?  Could that help.

tom kosvic
Check your POGO pins ?
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
(02-02-2022, 07:42 AM)bcnaz Wrote: Check your  POGO pins  ?

I have nothing attached to the pogo pins.  The dip switches are all in the upper position as when they came
Are you talking about the onboard screen keyboard or the new physical keyboard ?
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
The onscreen keyboard is also not usable on my PPP running stock kde/plasma. The only part of the keyboard that appears at the very bottom of the screen is the first row that has ctrl, arrows and a few others. No other keys are visible, which is why the onscreen has become unusable.

I have not found a way to restore the appearance of the full keyboard.

The happened this morning after applying an update using Discovery. The update was partially successful because a message appeared after the update process finished asking me whether to open discovery or repair. I chose repair but nothing seemed to happen. i then decided to recheck for the error message using the terminal and discovered that I cannot type anything.

For now, the PPP is unusable without an onscreen keyboard.

:-(
(02-02-2022, 11:30 AM)drh Wrote: The onscreen keyboard is also not usable on my PPP running stock kde/plasma. The only part of the keyboard that appears at the very bottom of the screen is the first row that has ctrl, arrows and a few others. No other keys are visible, which is why the onscreen has become unusable.

I have not found a way to restore the appearance of the full keyboard.

The happened this morning after applying an update using Discovery. The update was partially successful because a message appeared after the update process finished asking me whether to open discovery or repair. I chose repair but nothing seemed to happen. i then decided to recheck for the error message using the terminal and discovered that I cannot type anything.

For now, the PPP is unusable without an onscreen keyboard.

:-(

I am talking about the onscreen keyboard.  The no-keyboard occurrence due to which I started this thread has the idential symptoms described by "drh" above.

This also started this morning after a discovery update as per "drh". tom kosvic
I also have this same problem now. 

Things I have tried:

A. https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=12742

It seems like original pinephones have a "dock/undock" button in their top bar icons, but I don't have that at all. Don't see anything like "dock" anywhere in any settings.

B. Theme?

I have switched my "color" and "plasma theme" back to the defaults, but still no effect.

C. Temp issue?

I have rebooted several times now

D. Keyboard Settings?

I can still open the keyboard settings from the top menu bar, and I have also made sure that the "theme" for the keyboard is just "Breeze" to match my "plasma theme" and "color settings", in case the issue lies there for some crazy reason, but no dice.
Did you try updating ? , cause for Arch , the current release has a broken onscreen keyboard and it's already fixed upstream but he hasn't made a new image yet , but a simple "sudo pacman -Syu" would fixed it
Fresh install ?
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
(02-02-2022, 08:54 PM)kaida Wrote: Did you try updating ? , cause for Arch , the current release has a broken onscreen keyboard and it's already fixed upstream but he hasn't made a new image yet , but a simple "sudo pacman -Syu" would fixed it

Yes, just as the others have stated, this was *caused* post-update.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Back/World camera working after suspend DrYak 2 790 11-14-2023, 09:44 AM
Last Post: DrYak
  Arch SXMO Stopped Booting After A Megi Linux Update. mburns 0 418 11-07-2023, 09:52 AM
Last Post: mburns
  tow-boot installation problem techariah 2 1,408 02-16-2023, 02:50 PM
Last Post: techariah
  Netfilter not working on latest manjaro kernel robocone 1 1,129 12-29-2022, 09:11 PM
Last Post: robocone
  Battery meter slowly reducing under keyboard charger robocone 1 1,312 12-26-2022, 09:37 AM
  Monjaro Plasma Cell Network and Data not working properly maiyuzhe 2 1,514 09-24-2022, 12:15 AM
Last Post: maiyuzhe
  Manjaro 5.17.5-1 Keyboard stopped working Yst 7 3,754 06-09-2022, 11:12 AM
Last Post: graphicpanda444
  Fix keyboard layout robocone 1 1,677 05-16-2022, 08:03 AM
  Plasma Mobile navigation bar scaling is not working Yst 0 790 05-09-2022, 05:10 AM
Last Post: Yst
  Screen keyboard Japanese input issue Yst 1 1,148 04-30-2022, 09:13 PM
Last Post: TRS-80