chatty v0.6 in Bookworm at last!
FYI, chatty v0.6 rolled in to Bookworm this morning.  This includes some big and important updates to - hopefully - make MMS work properly (among other stuff).  The Pinephone might finally become my "daily driver".
(02-01-2022, 02:19 PM)treebeard Wrote: FYI, chatty v0.6 rolled in to Bookworm this morning.  This includes some big and important updates to - hopefully - make MMS work properly (among other stuff).  The Pinephone might finally become my "daily driver".

For me, trying to write a MMS via pressing "+" and "New SMS/MMS Message..." results in opening the group message dialog - seems to be a misguided link or something.
Haven't opened a bug report so far - can anyone confirm this?
Been hoping every update for weeks would bring this! Thanks for making a forum post!
Cheers,
TRS-80

What is Free Software and why is it so important for society?

Protocols, not Platforms

For the most Linux-y experience on your Linux phone, try SXMO!

I am (nominally) the Armbian Maintainer for PineBook Pro (although severely lacking in time these days).
It is just akward wording, I think.  Using the "+" and "New message..."  results in a SMS message (or MMS if a pic is attached).  The "New SMS/MMS Message..." does enable sending to a group but can also be used for an individual.  But then what is the disabled "New Group Message..." menu for?
anyone tried the xmpp account on chatty? does it work well? does it have encryption like omemo?
So glad to have mms now. THAN YOU DEVELOPERS!
Yes! thank you developers!
I've installed v0.6 and successfully sent a picture MMS, but for some reason I cannot receive any MMSs. I know the phone is getting something because the screen brightens slightly and dims again right after I send the MMS from another phone. And there are lots of files in ~/.mms/modem manager/ because I have tried sending loads of picture MMSs with various APN settings. Is this something anyone else is seeing? I assume I don't have the correct APN but the again I can send MMSs...
Chatty no longer works for me after upgrading.

I click the Chatty icon, the program starts up. I see a new group thread appear (probably from a received MMS), the sound of a new message being received starts playing, then Chatty dies. Happens every time. I'm now locked out of talking to people via SMS.
(02-04-2022, 05:20 PM)amindfv Wrote: Chatty no longer works for me after upgrading.

I click the Chatty icon, the program starts up. I see a new group thread appear (probably from a received MMS), the sound of a new message being received starts playing, then Chatty dies. Happens every time. I'm now locked out of talking to people via SMS.

I ended up resolving this for now, based on a hunch. Posting the solution in case it's helpful for others:

There were some message files in ~/.mms/modemmanager, that appeared not to be being processed. I removed them and Chatty worked again after a restart.
I'm still not able to get MMS to work. Upgrading to 0.6.0 let me attempt to send MMS messages, but only SMS messages will actually be sent or received.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  bookworm vs trixie discussion for mobian in pinephone regular. zetabeta 15 1,514 03-25-2024, 09:07 AM
Last Post: anonymous
  Chatty Matrix Decryption Key jojuma 2 175 02-26-2024, 12:48 PM
Last Post: tophneal
  Jabber with chatty user641 2 875 11-12-2023, 02:10 AM
Last Post: user641
  Problem with updates: Repository 'Debian bookworm' changed its 'non-free component' Anna 7 1,904 08-31-2023, 12:38 PM
Last Post: vusra
  Chatty does not work after suspend mode user641 4 1,784 07-18-2023, 10:43 AM
Last Post: alaraajavamma
  Debian bookworm security repo user641 2 1,476 02-17-2023, 01:12 AM
  beware chatty 0.7.0~rc0-1 treebeard 6 2,392 11-06-2022, 04:51 PM
Last Post: treebeard
  Dist-upgrade and Chatty vs Gnome-Contacts biketool 9 3,804 09-30-2022, 08:53 PM
Last Post: treebeard
  Unable to send messages with chatty user641 0 723 09-07-2022, 04:35 AM
  Bookworm Satellite Navigation biketool 7 3,007 09-02-2022, 01:42 PM
Last Post: vortex