Pinephone Keyboard Doesn't Work
I received my PinePhone keyboard a couple of weeks back and my PinePhone Pro just arrived today. 

The phone seems to work ok but the keyboard doesn't work at all. 

I've tried rebooting, reseating, fiddling with the POGO connectors ... all to no avail. 

Of note, the phone doesn't even appear to charge with a USB cable connected to the keyboard, but does charge when a cable is connected directly to the phone itself. 

Could I possibly have a dud keyboard?
your case is exactly 100% the same as my situation.
yesterday I have opened the Pine Phone Pro package and the keyboard.

the keyboard is not working at all: no typing, no charging  nothing....
I tried to update from app store, update failed and gave me an error 

I am so frustrated right now  Huh
(01-29-2022, 12:47 AM)ZX Spectrum Wrote: your case is exactly 100% the same as my situation.
yesterday I have opened the Pine Phone Pro package and the keyboard.

the keyboard is not working at all: no typing, no charging  nothing....
I tried to update from app store, update failed and gave me an error 

I am so frustrated right now  Huh

Probably avoid using the app store to update, they both kinda suck for that. Try an update through the command line. If it is the default Pro image of Manjaro run, sudo pacman -Syu.
Good news!  I got it to work! 

Apparently, it only works on stock PPP Manjaro (ie. no luck for me on Mobian, etc.) and only after you update the OS (which is as tricky as it is necessary).

Updating PPP Manjaro in the GUI is (like so many things) broken.  From another post (https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=15868), in a terminal session enter 'sudo pinephonepro-post-install' and then enter 'sudo pacman -Syu' to get everything updated.

Note too that the keys (at least on my keyboard) require a hefty press to register.  So, be sure to press harder than you'd expect when testing them.

Clearly, the PPP is more of a hobby than a phone, at least at this point in time.
Same problem here. Keyboard not recognised by either mobian or manjaro. It does however act as a charger. If I press the on switch on the keyboard, the phone indicates it is being charged. But it does not respond to keystrokes.
Is this a bug with the hardware, or do you need to enable something in the OS to get it to work?
Just to be clear ...

The good news: I can now type using the keyboard but ONLY in stock Manjaro.

The bad news: charging the case battery and charging the phone with the case battery still does not work in any distro.
(01-29-2022, 12:12 PM)thismarty Wrote: Clearly, the PPP is more of a hobby than a phone, at least at this point in time.

There is tons of information all over the Internet about the current state of development of these devices. There are even a bunch of warnings all over the PPP store ordering page, some of them in bold red letters.

The fact that you ignored all of that, and decide to make such comments here reflects more poorly on you than on PINE64, IMO.
Cheers,
TRS-80

What is Free Software and why is it so important for society?

Protocols, not Platforms

For the most Linux-y experience on your Linux phone, try SXMO!

I am (nominally) the Armbian Maintainer for PineBook Pro (although severely lacking in time these days).
Woah, settle down TRS-80.

I was just trying to be lighthearted about the nascent state of our mutual hobby.

Sorry you took it so hard.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  keyboard case charging but not typing new2pinephone 18 5,223 02-19-2024, 07:30 AM
Last Post: theResonant
  Keyboard doesn't charge my phone no matter what, so can I charge my phone directly ragreenburg 3 5,647 01-14-2024, 03:34 PM
Last Post: acid andy
  PinePhone Dock with laptop? Mikey1977Y2J 2 525 12-12-2023, 05:43 PM
Last Post: Mikey1977Y2J
  I've added an I2C connector to the PP keyboard eugenr 0 360 11-26-2023, 07:24 AM
Last Post: eugenr
  Case for Pinephone totilele 12 6,526 11-04-2023, 09:43 AM
Last Post: Negome
  Update the PinePhone keyboard driver to support missing characters? Peter Gamma 8 7,906 10-22-2023, 08:43 PM
Last Post: Peter Gamma
  key repeat with pinephone keyboard rotwang 0 394 10-22-2023, 03:39 PM
Last Post: rotwang
Exclamation USB mouse isn't working when a PP keyboard is attached? mikeb 3 1,114 10-21-2023, 08:21 PM
  Pinephone with mini keyboard, trackpad and large power bank? Peter Gamma 0 449 10-21-2023, 07:50 AM
  Which mini keyboard and mouse to choose for the PP? Peter Gamma 0 562 10-21-2023, 02:55 AM