Keyboard function keys
I received the keyboard yesterday!  Very pleased with it, now that I've got it working (needed to raise the pin contacts on the keyboard case with a bit of paper/card).

However, I can't get the function keys (eg F5) to work.  I believe the modifier is the Pine key (Super-L/Meta), but it just outputs the number of whatever key I'm pressing with it.  Fn+F1-10 gives me the other characters like +=- etc.  Not checked they're all accurate, but it works.  I've used xev to check the Pine key actually does produce a signal, and it does.

The Pine key also works to move windows around (Pine+FN+Left/Right).

Do I just have to be patient, or is there a way to get the F keys working now?

I'm using Phosh.  Not tested these key combos in any other distro yet.
Does anyone have working F1 - F10 function keys?
I understand that kb151 must be blacklisted and ppkb-i2c-inputd, a userland driver, must be run in order to use the full functionality of the new keyboard case (FN keys, etc). I'm new to archlinux so I'm currently looking for info on how to setup a systemd service but I've found this...

Megi's blog indicates how to disable kb151 from being loaded by the kernel: https://xnux.eu/log/#058

This Mobian wiki entry indicates how to set up a systemd service with the userland driver: https://wiki.mobian-project.org/doku.php...-case-ppkc

My remaining questions are
1. what does it mean "add i2c-dev to /etc/modules" ? and how would I do that in arch??
2. how do I write a systemd service file for use by arch? and where does it go?
I figured it out and wrote up everything. If you're already got everything working you can just pick out the parts for installing the userland driver ppkb-i2c-inputd and disabling the kernel module kb151: Using Keyboard Case with Arch (DanctNix) (complete instructions)
I've had a quick read through, and I'm looking forward to trying it this weekend. I'm excited to have this properly working as a mini-laptop (it's pretty much what I had in mind when it was first announced, and a keyboard was speculated), so thank you very much for this guide!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Disappearing arroe keys ionmich 1 648 09-03-2023, 07:41 AM
Last Post: _radv_
  lost keyboard shulamy 2 710 08-21-2023, 07:48 AM
Last Post: shulamy
  PPKB certain keys not working after kernel update ragreenburg 20 12,356 06-11-2023, 03:19 AM
Last Post: lectrode
  No keyboard on Arch Plasma when entering password on document Chief 0 798 12-03-2022, 08:35 PM
Last Post: Chief
  No keyboard on some document password field Chief 0 679 11-01-2022, 10:01 AM
Last Post: Chief
  keyboard et network oihantto64 1 1,251 01-25-2022, 10:52 AM
Last Post: oihantto64
  Keyboard not appearing in Arch Diagon 3 4,373 03-14-2021, 02:15 AM
Last Post: Danct12