RemixOS is the only thing stable for me
Hello,

Just wanted to start a thread about my experience with the PINE64. So far the only thing that is stable for me is RemixOS. When using Android and Linux my unit likes to crash. Specificially when messing with wireless and BT. On Linux I could only get the BT Manager to load once but then it crashed and wouldn't load anymore. With android once I connect to wifi it crashes and then boots to the same crash until I reload the OS on the micro SD. Using android I was able to get the touch screen and LCD that I got with the kickstarter package to work but being that Android is the only thing that you can load where the LCD works, makes it pretty much useless as when I use wifi it crashes. Running remix I connect a BT mouse and keyboard and connect a touchscreen via USB using the HDMI out. I was also able to use the power button that came with the kit. I installed it in the power slot, however it seemed like I only got it work once but it's not soldered so it may not properly be making the connection for it to work. I did have to hold the power button for a few seconds before it came on. Anywho, that's what's up.

Thanks
-Michael

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Android 5.1.1 TV (old-stable, no longer maintained) ayufan 194 256,690 03-12-2019, 04:53 PM
Last Post: neosapien
  Which Android is stable with LCD? quackyo 1 2,771 08-03-2017, 01:17 AM
Last Post: mesaxi