Camera on manjaro arm
Hi guys! Finally I got my PinePhone beta edition
1)I cannot find where camera turns on.
2)Bluetooth is not activable

Thanks a lot)))
(01-12-2022, 10:26 AM)transfer76 Wrote: Hi guys! Finally I got my PinePhone beta edition
1)I cannot find where camera turns on.
2)Bluetooth is not activable

Thanks a lot)))

Hello,
Bluetooth and Cameras are probably disabled at the DIP switch.
Thanks Avisandro)
Camera and bluetooth were enabled at the DIP switch. There was Mandjaro arm by default system. I installed ubuntu touch, bluetoth works well, camera present. But after first usage camera does not work again) I do not know what to do)
(01-16-2022, 01:11 PM)transfer76 Wrote: Thanks Avisandro)
Camera and bluetooth were enabled at the DIP switch. There was Mandjaro arm by default system. I installed  ubuntu touch, bluetoth works well, camera present. But after first usage camera does not work again) I do not know what to do)

Ubuntu touch doesn't support the PinePhone camera very well at the moment. I recommend Manjaro Phosh instead, which I have been using for several months and with which I have never had this type of problem.
Here is the link to download the latest version of the operating system: https://github.com/manjaro-pinephone/pho...tag/beta20
(01-17-2022, 09:43 AM)Avisando Wrote: Ubuntu touch doesn't support the PinePhone camera very well at the moment. I recommend Manjaro Phosh instead, which I have been using for several months and with which I have never had this type of problem.
Here is the link to download the latest version of the operating system: https://github.com/manjaro-pinephone/pho...tag/beta20

Yes, it is true, ubuntu touch does not support camera. And battery lives only maximum 6-8 hours with ubuntu)))
Default manjaro does not support cellular mobile internet data, only wi-fi. It`s bad for me
I`m gonna try your decision with majaro phosh. As I understand I need this https://github.com/manjaro-pinephone/pho...a20.img.xz for my pine phone, I have beta edition., no pro
Thanks a lot)
(02-07-2022, 12:16 PM)transfer76 Wrote: Yes, it is true, ubuntu touch does not support camera. And battery lives only maximum 6-8 hours with ubuntu)))
Default manjaro does not support cellular mobile internet data, only wi-fi. It`s bad for me
I`m gonna try your decision with majaro phosh. As I understand I need this https://github.com/manjaro-pinephone/pho...a20.img.xz for my pine phone, I have beta edition., no pro
Thanks a lot)

You're welcome Smile

Since my last message a new version of Manjaro Phosh has been released.

You can download it from this link: https://github.com/manjaro-pinephone/pho...a21.img.xz
I find that the Megapixels app crashed when I had the DIP switch for front camera switched to the 'OFF' position, when running it from the terminal it appeared to have a segmentation fault.

Is this problem common across all distros/phone DE or something only in Plasma + Manjaro?
@transfer76 Pine Beta out of the box with Manjaro+plasma have only front (main) camera working in sort of grayscale. After distro update and little kick it can do calls and both cameras start working (with Megapixels app. by the way for me it doesn't crash - i keep both cameras pins off), Bluetooth can send/receive. Selfie camera is a bit greenscale, front camera is not eye-candy as well, but technically usable.
I didn't try Manjaro+Phosh yet, it could be a better choice as suggested because plasma looks very WIP... Keep in mind there is a trade-off between usability vs battery life vs convergence vs calls vs camera. Just for the record, Manjaro+plasma has glitchy UI + reasonable battery life + convergence is WIP but usable + calls work well + both cameras usable but have low quality.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2020 PinePhone Manjaro CE EU for sale, name your price astrojuanlu 7 1,523 02-14-2024, 04:51 PM
Last Post: astrojuanlu
  box86 Actually Works Well on Manjaro Phosh/xfce jakfish 0 582 07-13-2023, 02:39 PM
Last Post: jakfish
  reset button under back cover, below the camera mruser1 2 952 01-02-2023, 08:07 AM
Last Post: wibble
  no sdcard boot and manjaro update failed Gwen 3 1,301 11-27-2022, 07:56 AM
Last Post: fxc
  PinephonePro camera calibration conundrum orbital 0 776 07-06-2022, 09:09 AM
Last Post: orbital
  Manjaro phosh no screen rotation sandspur 1 1,267 06-23-2022, 01:02 AM
Last Post: rapp
  Manjaro on Pinephone freezes during startup LasVegasLee 1 1,431 03-22-2022, 06:48 AM
Last Post: acrux
Sad write SD with UMS enabler and manjaro graphic bug in configuration John (the 2nd one) 10 6,069 01-11-2022, 04:02 AM
Last Post: John (the 2nd one)
  PinePhone Stuck in landscape (Manjaro Plasma) Ephraimlad 1 1,444 01-04-2022, 05:41 PM
Last Post: jasonriedy
Wink Manjaro unlock code out of the box Red10Para 3 2,491 11-29-2021, 09:43 AM
Last Post: Red10Para