Ethernet
Probably SoC has ethernet, then it is good idea to make it easily accessable by pogo pins
I have been searching for any way to attach Ethernet cable to a PPP. Bumped into this thread.

It looks like this dock should work, but it's out of stock Sad .

I have tried this one but PPP (latest Mobian) does not recognise it, although PureOS (which is also Debian-based) on Librem 13 laptop does straight away — without having to install any drivers. Neither does PPP seem to pick up power charge from it.

So, is there supposed to be any way to have PPP connected to an Ethernet cable and charged at the same time?

I would like to set one PPP permanently connected to a power cable and my local network to use it as secondary/reserve point of Internet access (through mobile network). Using wi-fi instead of Ethernet would be an option, but I'd like to explore/exhaust the Ethernet option first.
(09-05-2022, 04:51 AM)Greendrake Wrote: ...
I have tried this one but PPP (latest Mobian) does not recognise it, although PureOS (which is also Debian-based) on Librem 13 laptop does straight away — without having to install any drivers. Neither does PPP seem to pick up power charge from it.

It should just work: I got a no-name from Fleabay that looks a lot like the Pine64 on and have no problems with charging/ethernet. Indeed my PPP is my only interweb connection so in fact my PC tethers from the phone.

Make sure the hub has power before you plug it into the phone: the PPP USB enumeration should then pickup the hub ports just fine.

PS - you may have issues because of the limitations of the supplied charger in the pic you posted - make sure there is plenty of power to actually charge the PPP.
  • ROCKPro64 v2.1 2GB, 16Gb eMMC for rootfs, SX8200Pro 512GB NVMe for /home, HDMI video & sound, Bluetooth keyboard & mouse. Arch (6.2 kernel, Openbox desktop) for general purpose daily PC.
  • PinePhone Pro Explorer Edition, daily driver, rk2aw & U-boot on SPI, Arch/SXMO & Arch/phosh on eMMC
  • PinePhone BraveHeart now v1.2b 3/32Gb, Tow-boot with Arch/SXMO on eMMC