KDEConnect
Just curious, I loaded kde connect on my phone and on my Pinebook Pro running latest Manjaro.  I installed KDE Connect on both phone and PPRO and brought them up: and neither one could SEE the other.

Both on the same WiFi, neither can SEE the other.  Is this expected behavior? 
If this SHOULD work, any suggestions for what to check?

UPDATE: One day later.  Discovered it needs the port range open for both TCP and UDP.  Fix that in your firewall and everything connects.
Sorry for the wasted bandwidth.  I will leave this here for anyone else who encounters the problem to find.  "Check your firewall."
[Now I feel silly!]
Ancient teacher (Secondary Field Science/Math), Warrior (USARNG- RET SSG), and IT warrior (30+ years Coder, Network/Systems Administrator, general house geek). 
Pinebook Pro user (Debian, Manjaro)
(01-08-2022, 09:35 AM)wpeckham Wrote: Just curious, I loaded kde connect on my phone and on my Pinebook Pro running latest Manjaro.  I installed KDE Connect on both phone and PPRO and brought them up: and neither one could SEE the other.

Both on the same WiFi, neither can SEE the other.  Is this expected behavior? 
If this SHOULD work, any suggestions for what to check?

UPDATE: One day later.  Discovered it needs the port range open for both TCP and UDP.  Fix that in your firewall and everything connects.
Sorry for the wasted bandwidth.  I will leave this here for anyone else who encounters the problem to find.  "Check your firewall."
[Now I feel silly!]

Your comment was very helpful for me. Thank you.