Mainline MMS Support??
I've been checking the Mobian wiki every month or so to see if the MMS workarounds have been mainlined, so that it no longer required as much manual intervention, but I haven't really seen any changes there as I've been waiting for that to happen before trying to install for a daily driver try.

Then I read the Mobian blog post that seems to indicate that they have Pinephone pro working with MMS being fully functional with the use of the eg25 manager.

Does anyone know if this means that the wiki is out of date and the workarounds are no longer needed?
(01-05-2022, 12:03 AM)tyha Wrote: I've been checking the Mobian wiki every month or so to see if the MMS workarounds have been mainlined, so that it no longer required as much manual intervention, but I haven't really seen any changes there as I've been waiting for that to happen before trying to install for a daily driver try.

Then I read the Mobian blog post that seems to indicate that they have Pinephone pro working with MMS being fully functional with the use of the eg25 manager.

Does anyone know if this means that the wiki is out of date and the workarounds are no longer needed?

I believe MMS functionality is in chatty version 0.5.0 and according to debian https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/chatty that version is still in the experimental repo. When they bump that version to unstable or testing, those who are on unstable will be able to install it without any workarounds. I have no idea how long 0.5.0 will take to get into unstable though.
.... WHEN
the MMS "works on Mobian", they WILL "include it"...

Those Developers have done so much, .... ' in such a short amount of time already !
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Could not initialize OpenGL support jojuma 1 336 01-17-2024, 05:57 PM
Last Post: anonymous
  Bluetooth audio support? Zebulon Walton 5 3,643 02-28-2022, 08:59 AM
Last Post: Zebulon Walton
  Camera support progress a-wai 73 85,816 08-18-2020, 02:46 PM
Last Post: bcnaz
  Mainline kernel not working (no screen) jrobin28260 4 5,264 07-19-2020, 12:30 PM
Last Post: a-wai