Frequency CPU
What is set the minimum frequency cpu in mobian?

update:
I checked, minimum frequency cpu in mobian to 480MHz
(01-04-2022, 12:56 PM)kubussz Wrote: What is set the minimum frequency cpu in mobian?

I ask myself the same question, I like mobian a lot, but the battery life is much worse than arch, which I was using until yesterday when i fhashed mobian again after a long time.
Maybe you have to install e.g.: cpufreq or cpupower or auto-cpufreq?
I can really recommend to select the "powersave" governor in /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu*/cpufreq/scaling_governor - it reduces the power consumption by almost half. I only switch back to "schedutil" when I know I do something compute-heavy.
(02-10-2022, 03:31 PM)pothos Wrote: I can really recommend to select the "powersave" governor in /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu*/cpufreq/scaling_governor - it reduces the power consumption by almost half. I only switch back to "schedutil" when I know I do something compute-heavy.

But phone himself switches into the mode "powersave" if he needs?
(02-11-2022, 05:57 AM)kubussz Wrote:
(02-10-2022, 03:31 PM)pothos Wrote: I can really recommend to select the "powersave" governor in /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu*/cpufreq/scaling_governor - it reduces the power consumption by almost half. I only switch back to "schedutil" when I know I do something compute-heavy.

No.

There are only a few governors but they are set & forget: their purpose is to tell the hardware frequency ranges, power on/off devices, etc.  cpufreq is one.

tuned might work here -- it can dynamically adapt tuneables on the fly based on usage of the system (when not statically set).  It is a RedHat project but was ported to Debian so could work on Mobian.  (There was an Arch tuned in AUR but it looks defunct now so Manjaro folks would have to build from source).

I'll look at this more.  I've worked on x86 tunables and governors on server systems (to save on power bills).  Last time I looked at aarch64 SoC tuneables, there simply wasn't a lot exposed to the OS from the hardware, meaning there was less to tune.
PPv1.2a running PMOS ... almost a daily driver!
(02-15-2022, 08:59 AM)vap0rtranz Wrote:
(02-11-2022, 05:57 AM)kubussz Wrote:

No.

There are only a few governors but they are set & forget: their purpose is to tell the hardware frequency ranges, power on/off devices, etc.  cpufreq is one.

tuned might work here -- it can dynamically adapt tuneables on the fly based on usage of the system (when not statically set).  It is a RedHat project but was ported to Debian so could work on Mobian.  (There was an Arch tuned in AUR but it looks defunct now so Manjaro folks would have to build from source).

I'll look at this more.  I've worked on x86 tunables and governors on server systems (to save on power bills).  Last time I looked at aarch64 SoC tuneables, there simply wasn't a lot exposed to the OS from the hardware, meaning there was less to tune.

Then how to save energy?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sync Frequency with Nextcloud :huh: :heart: food 1 1,378 10-19-2021, 08:28 AM
Last Post: tophneal