PIneTime reconnect script
Hey folks, I was having issues with my PineTime reconnecting to my PInephone after waking up from suspend. I noticed when I would cycle bluetooth on and off eventually it would re-connect.

Arch wiki showed me a neat way to run a script on wake every time. I started playing with that and got a decent working reconnect script. I have tested it for a few days and now am curious if it will work well for other people using the PineTime with the PInePhone

setup:
PinePhone 3gb running Manjaro-Arm
PineTime running InfiniTime 1.7.
Amazfish as the companion app

Here is the github with instruction and the script that will take your PineTime BT mac address and make a small shell script for connecting and a systemd service to fire that script any time the PInePhone wakes from suspend. It is enabled to start on boot and requires a restart of both PT and PP after the script is done.

https://github.com/kmsgli/pt-connect/

I recognize this if probably not the best way to fix my reconnect issues but it seems to work for now and I am certainly open to suggestions if anyone thinks there is a better way to do this.

I have posted this in the PIneTime Forum also but figured maybe it fits here as well. Just trying to help anyone else in my spot out that I can as the community has helped me out a bunch.
Thank you. This script is works great together with the pinetime daemon from https://gitea.arsenm.dev/Arsen6331/itd.
Running both on mobian bookworm. I had troubles with Siglo and with Amazfish, but this combination works fantastic.
(01-15-2022, 04:42 AM)Fish Wrote: Thank you. This script is works great together with the pinetime daemon from https://gitea.arsenm.dev/Arsen6331/itd.
Running both on mobian bookworm. I had troubles with Siglo and with Amazfish, but this combination works fantastic.

Hey glad to hear it. I was hoping a mobian guy would try it out because its purely script / systemd based I figured it would work well but did not feel like setting up a mobian system to test.

I am working on a pine time polling service coupled with pt.connect should make a pretty handy set of scripts hopefully you bumping this thread will get some others to try it out/contribute to give it some more function.

Ill have to check out the pinetime daemon it seems to have slipped passed my radar.
If something needs to be tested on mobian, just let me know Smile
(01-15-2022, 04:42 AM)Fish Wrote: Thank you. This script is works great together with the pinetime daemon from https://gitea.arsenm.dev/Arsen6331/itd.

Hey I just tried out ITD and I really like that it can get phone calls amazfish lacks that. Do you have any trouble with the first connection on reboot?

It works fine otherwise with my script but on reboot it seems to not be able to connect without running
Code:
systemctl --user start itd

once the watch is connected first.
Just tried it to be sure, but it connects fine after a reboot. I get the "connected" notification before the login-screen during the boot process.
But I did notice last week that when the pinephone is active for a long period (during charging for example), the connection get lost sometimes. Even when I stay in range.
(01-22-2022, 08:23 AM)Fish Wrote: Just tried it to be sure, but it connects fine after a reboot. I get the "connected"  notification before the login-screen during the boot process.
But I did notice last week that when the pinephone is active for a long period (during charging for example), the connection get lost sometimes. Even when I stay in range.

I ended up switching back to Amazfish its more reliable for me, I really did like that ITD was able to do calls but it was less consistent with connectivity.
I never got amazfish to run nice on mobian, maybe I try again in a few weeks. Until then I will keep running ITD Smile
(01-27-2022, 11:45 AM)Fish Wrote: I never got amazfish to run nice on mobian, maybe I try again in a few weeks. Until then I will keep running ITD Smile

I have a new script that incorporates pinetime connect with a rtc wake timer that will wake the phone after the phone has suspended for 10 min, check for signal messages and if the screen is not unlocked go back to sleep.

Its not setup as a github yet but ill get to it eventually if you want to give it a try.
I would love to try that! Sounds promising Smile