Battery discharge problem
Please give your operating system(s) when describing your faults, as there are some differences.
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
(01-28-2022, 08:00 PM)bcnaz Wrote: Please  give your operating system(s) when describing your faults, as there are some differences.

Thanks for the head's up, edited my post to include 'about' info from the two distros.
(01-28-2022, 10:44 PM)FrozenPine Wrote:
(01-28-2022, 08:00 PM)bcnaz Wrote: Please  give your operating system(s) when describing your faults, as there are some differences.

Thanks for the head's up, edited my post to include 'about' info from the two distros.

I have the exact same issues with my new PPP and keyboard, it does not charge on a powersupply and it does not charge with the keyboard connected. Also on my PPCE charging works as expected from the keyboard. I am hoping that this is a software/firmware issue as it seems more than one person has these problems, so that makes me hopeful both of us did not get faulty hardware... but that may just be wishful thinking ^^

I was hesitant to erase the manjaro plamo that came with my ppp from the emmc, but I have read a lot about this now and people seem to recommend doing this in order to be able to boot from microsd. I really want to go back to danctnix, so I think I will try this and see if the charging behaviour while powered on works as expected with that.

This seems to be a software issue. At least for me charging the PPP without the keyboard worked after I booted danctnix sxmo from microsd (you need to boot the phone while shortly pressing the reset button located in a small recess labeled RE with the back of the case off, it's in the top left corner under the camera). Now I just need to test if charging works with the keyboard attached, but since it's working on my PPCE I am pretty confident it will. I did have to add a little paper shim under the pogo pins to get good contact on both PPCE and PPP btw.
Would you be able to post a picture of how you added the shim? I would be willing to give that a try and report back. Thanks!
(01-29-2022, 12:46 PM)xnopasaranx Wrote:

This seems to be a software issue. At least for me charging the PPP without the keyboard worked after I booted danctnix sxmo from microsd (you need to boot the phone while shortly pressing the reset button located in a small recess labeled RE with the back of the case off, it's in the top left corner under the camera). Now I just need to test if charging works with the keyboard attached, but since it's working on my PPCE I am pretty confident it will. I did have to add a little paper shim under the pogo pins to get good contact on both PPCE and PPP btw.

You can also boot to the sd card by just using a 5 or 6 second press on the power button, instead of the usual 2 second press. (with a working bootable sd card )
I just discovered this myself.
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
As far the battery discharge problem :

Yes the Pro does feel quite warm just turned on and charging.
but
My org Pine phones are feeling cool these days, and they used to feel hot also.

things will improve :-)
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad PPP shuts off when reaching battery level >50% <70% crt0mega 5 1,690 09-06-2023, 08:36 AM
Last Post: crt0mega
  [Mobian] : Battery consumption and driver/middleware compatibility freelectro 1 700 05-30-2023, 03:27 AM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  Custom Battery Design questions. tenzen 1 902 04-26-2023, 11:00 PM
Last Post: tllim
  Question on the keyboard battery with phone knoxvilles_joker 0 1,041 08-27-2022, 12:04 AM
Last Post: knoxvilles_joker
  J7 battery Frost1776 6 4,602 03-09-2022, 03:09 PM
Last Post: tckosvic
Question Battery not charging when run down to 0. iwm 2 1,862 02-08-2022, 10:45 AM
Last Post: mburns