Cannot Create Profile - Cannot even Flash OS
I have posted before, but nobody replied (sorry mod). So I am trying to post here to see if anybody can help. 

I cannot even create a profile on my phone because the setup wizard is stuck on landscape, and I cannot scroll to through the boxes to fill out info. I can force it by touching the volume up button and press on the next box. Have gotten to where it wants my full name, username and password and... something after that. I cannot tell what that next box wants because I cannot scroll down to it. 

I decided to just flash the OS using this guys guide:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zf0zwq6jI30

I am doing what he says to do, but when it comes to plugging my phone into the PC and restarting it, I do not boot into another mode. The phone just goes back to the same old setup screen that I cannot get past. 

Any help is welcome, but I am about at my wits end. 

Also, trying to open a help ticket with pine64, but when setting up a profile to do so, I never get a verification email so I cannot even submit a help ticket. Please someone help me out. 

Thank you.
Which OS?
Do you have a Linux PC?
Do you bought the covergence package? you could connect a keyboard and press enter on every window.
Have you read the wiki: https://wiki.pine64.org/wiki/PinePhone_I...he_microSD
By my experience I can say:-
1. Don't expect much useful help from here
2. The so-called phone is a useless brick
3. Never buy a BETA again.
4. Take the hit, bin it and forget it.

Unless of course. you are a phone and LINUX expert......

In which case, you would not be here, would you.......
Maybe that helps also: https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=14034
(12-12-2021, 11:58 AM)absolutenoob Wrote: I have posted before, but nobody replied (sorry mod). So I am trying to post here to see if anybody can help. 

I cannot even create a profile on my phone because the setup wizard is stuck on landscape, and I cannot scroll to through the boxes to fill out info. I can force it by touching the volume up button and press on the next box. Have gotten to where it wants my full name, username and password and... something after that. I cannot tell what that next box wants because I cannot scroll down to it. 

I am doing what he says to do, but when it comes to plugging my phone into the PC and restarting it, I do not boot into another mode. The phone just goes back to the same old setup screen that I cannot get past. 

Also, trying to open a help ticket with pine64, but when setting up a profile to do so, I never get a verification email so I cannot even submit a help ticket. Please someone help me out. 

Thank you.

*  You did not mention what operating system you are trying to use.  ?

>  It sounds like you are having a problem with flashing your image, ?  what are you using to "flash" your image.?  
......( I have had Great success using Balena Etcher)

* For "Test Purposes"  I prefer to just flash an operating system onto an micro-sd card, 
...... then install to the eMMC AFTER a suitable system is found.

**>  As far as the "NAY SAYERS" are concerned :
   I am a 'GUI' user, (even though I have been 'using' Linux for over 20 years),
But, my Pinephones have been usable for my purposes Talk, Text, wifi at first, (then data later) since back in the Brave Heart days.

I did  "Have to Distro Hop"  a lot at first, UBPorts (Ubuntu) was an early leader, but they then 'dropped the ball' and it was un-usable for months.

Currently for 'working' "Out of the Box" operating systems, I would rate :
1) Mobian/Phosh
2) Post Market/Phosh (PMOS)
3) Arch/Phosh/Dremurs

**.. I Base this on GUI use-ability,
....  #2 and #3 are usable out of the box, but they do require some Linux skills,  if you want to add to them, or change stuff.

-- Of my 5 Pinephones,   My one daily driver I have kept Mobian on, since back when it was still called 'Debian'.

.... IF  the Pinephone did not 'work',  I would have stopped buying them after I bought the first Brave Heart Edition phone.

The Developers are doing a fantastic job with these operating systems,  but getting GUI help here on the Forum can be tough.
>.. as so many want to impress you with pages of terminal code.  ( This forum was a bit more friendly back a few years )

Each person who finds some fault in the Pinephone, ... then they scream that the phone does not work...

... If  'this old Guy'  can use the Pinephone by using just GUI skills,  that kinda says something about the  "NAY SAYERS" ???
    --- (Are they Google Moles or just ___? )

..  GOOD LUCK,  Welcome to the Pine64 Forum.

What operating system is on your PC  ?
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
(12-12-2021, 12:49 PM)sej016 Wrote: By my experience I can say:-
1. Don't expect much useful help from here
2. The so-called phone is a useless brick
3. Never buy a BETA again.
4. Take the hit, bin it and forget it.

Unless of course. you are a phone and LINUX expert......

In which case, you would not be here, would you.......

Yeah, kind of seems like you are right.

(12-14-2021, 10:12 PM)bcnaz Wrote:
(12-12-2021, 11:58 AM)absolutenoob Wrote: I have posted before, but nobody replied (sorry mod). So I am trying to post here to see if anybody can help. 

Thank you.

*  You did not mention what operating system you are trying to use.  ?
The one it ships with Majoro or whatever. That is what I am trying to flash onto it. 

>  It sounds like you are having a problem with flashing your image, ?  what are you using to "flash" your image.?  
......( I have had Great success using Balena Etcher)
Using Balena Etcher
* For "Test Purposes"  I prefer to just flash an operating system onto an micro-sd card, 
...... then install to the eMMC AFTER a suitable system is found.
Okay. I would like it to just work.
**>  As far as the "NAY SAYERS" are concerned :
   I am a 'GUI' user, (even though I have been 'using' Linux for over 20 years),
But, my Pinephones have been usable for my purposes Talk, Text, wifi at first, (then data later) since back in the Brave Heart days.
Good for you I guess. 
I did  "Have to Distro Hop"  a lot at first, UBPorts (Ubuntu) was an early leader, but they then 'dropped the ball' and it was un-usable for months.
Cant really do that if the dang phone won't boot into the mode that allows it to flash a new OS image. I cannot even make a profile, and it seems like that must be done before you can flash the OS. Right?
Currently for 'working' "Out of the Box" operating systems, I would rate :
1) Mobian/Phosh
2) Post Market/Phosh (PMOS)
3) Arch/Phosh/Dremurs

Thats nice.

What operating system is on your PC  ?
Windows 10 and I also have a Linux Mint laptop. Your point?
You don't have to set the phone in any mode or finish any profile setting to flash the OS! The bootloader is open by design. Please read the wiki link I have posted!

It's likely that you will have the problems on creating profile on most OSes, if the scaling isn't right yet and its different, so I can't help with what you have to do exactly to overcome that. If your OS is Manjaro it's more likely that you get the right answer in the Manjaro section.https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=130
On my PineTab on Mobian I just pressed enter on every window and did all settings afterwards.

I feel your pain having a new device and can't get it to work! Cool down, try to overcome the profile issue and if you feel, you want to install a new OS, read the wiki first!!! It's really easy, since you have done it ones...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  This is how you flash to eMMC easily Luke 49 79,246 12-25-2022, 05:13 PM
Last Post: fxc
  Tow Boot - How to Flash a New OS? arkadione 3 2,640 06-15-2022, 04:10 PM
Last Post: kmsgli
  no emmc after flash ragele 3 2,121 05-30-2022, 04:26 AM
Last Post: fxc
  Cannot even create profile because screen won't rotate2 absolutenoob 5 3,428 02-28-2022, 01:00 PM
Last Post: Jetpac
  Best way to manage multiple OS installations (backup, flash) 3x5co 2 2,930 02-08-2021, 09:28 PM
Last Post: C0ffeeFreak
  flash sd card from pinephone when you've just booted from it moodroid 1 2,294 11-14-2020, 06:13 AM
Last Post: nightranger73
  pinephone won't boot after dd flash try maybl8 10 11,123 10-16-2020, 12:34 PM
Last Post: ThrillGates
Question Stuck trying to flash phone zeroed 1 2,678 09-06-2020, 10:02 AM
Last Post: RodMyers
  Unable create libertine container aberrio 3 4,285 07-25-2020, 02:32 PM
Last Post: wibble