modem isn't online - Arch config bad?
can't seem to get cellular service on Arch. I tried `systemctl restart eg25-manager` as I recall that helping out on the original pinephone when the modem wasn't recognized but watching the status of the eg25-manager.service it just keeps repeating `Rescheduling upload since modem isn't online yet, in 30s`. 

Tried Arch with no success. Also tried pmOS same results, no cellular and no option to toggle cellular on and off in Phosh settings. EG25 definitely gets warm, but no cellular connection. First thing I checked was the dip switches, and they're in the enabled position so that's not it.

Code:
mmcli -m any --command='AT+QNWINFO'

returns "error: couldn't find modem"

Nov 29 00:00:25 danctnix eg25manager[4005]: unable to find a suitable config file!
Nov 29 00:00:28 danctnix systemd[1]: eg25-manager.service: Main process exited, code=dumped, status=5/TRAP
Nov 29 00:00:28 danctnix systemd[1]: eg25-manager.service: Failed with result 'core-dump'.
Nov 29 00:00:28 danctnix systemd[1]: eg25-manager.service: Scheduled restart job, restart counter is at 4.
Nov 29 00:00:28 danctnix systemd[1]: Stopped Quectel EG25 modem.
Nov 29 00:00:28 danctnix systemd[1]: Started Quectel EG25 modem.
(12-09-2021, 10:50 PM)brb78 Wrote: can't seem to get cellular service. I tried `systemctl restart eg25-manager` as I recall that helping out on the original pinephone when the modem wasn't recognized but watching the status of the eg25-manager.service it just keeps repeating `Rescheduling upload since modem isn't online yet, in 30s`. Is my modem faulty or am I missing something.

Tried Arch with no success. Also tried pmOS same results, no cellular and no option to toggle cellular on and off in Phosh settings. EG25 definitely gets warm, but no cellular connection. First thing I checked was the dip switches, and they're in the enabled position so that's not it.

mmcli -m any --command='AT+QNWINFO'

returns "error: couldn't find modem"

sounds like you have more complicated issue. however, try removing battery and keep it removed for 1 minute. lte modem chip takes power from battery.
Mobian booted up and had Verizon cellular in seconds, so not hardware. Maybe there's a bad config somewhere in Arch. Hopefully that gets fixed soon so I can switch back. Will probably try to see if the Mobian config is helpful in diagnosing the Arch config tomorrow.
https://github.com/dreemurrs-embedded/Pi...issues/254
Find me in the forest, when I'm at my lowest. I don't really think you should continue..

HOLD YOUR BREATH.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PinePhone Pro Explorer's edition Qualcomm modem recovery shifras 7 822 03-24-2024, 02:22 PM
Last Post: zetabeta
  Failed firmware change for the Quectel EG25GGBR07A08M2G modem of PPP Explorer Edition andrey 1 277 02-17-2024, 12:32 PM
Last Post: traut
  Messed Up Modem dorkydev 13 1,376 12-23-2023, 03:02 PM
Last Post: dorkydev