Raspberry Pi-Top
Hi, I already have an enclosure that fits a computer board like the pine A64 pretty well. It's called a pi-top and it houses a raspberry pi 2B. It comes with a trackpad, keyboard, display and long lasting lithium ion battery (2-3 days of use) with power management unit. Since the Pi 2B and Pine A64 are so similar, could the Pine be used to upgrade the pi-top? Would make a cool upgrade if possible.

Looking for any great suggestions or ideas.
Thanks

Mark

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(01-21-2016, 06:09 PM)Mark Smith Wrote: Hi, I already have an enclosure that fits a computer board like the pine A64 pretty well. It's called a pi-top and it houses a raspberry pi 2B. It comes with a trackpad, keyboard, display and long lasting lithium ion battery (2-3 days of use) with power management unit. Since the Pi 2B and Pine A64 are so similar, could the Pine be used to upgrade the pi-top? Would make a cool upgrade if possible.

Thanks

Mark

RPi and Pine A64 board dimension is different, not sure whether still able to fit into Pi-top case. For electrical point of view, Pine A64 board can connect to Pi-top.
(01-21-2016, 06:56 PM)tllim Wrote: Mark SmithHi, I already have an enclosure that fits a computer board like the pine A64 pretty well. It's called a pi-top and it houses a raspberry pi 2B. It comes with a trackpad, keyboard, display and long lasting lithium ion battery (2-3 days of use) with power management unit. Since the Pi 2B and Pine A64 are so similar, could the Pine be used to upgrade the pi-top? Would make a cool upgrade if possible.

Thanks

Mark

RPi and Pine A64 board dimension is different, not sure whether still able to fit into Pi-top case. For electrical point of view, Pine A64 board can connect to Pi-top.

Thanks
Mark, were you able to get this to work? I am looking for a similar solution so that I can build my wife a laptop if an A64+ can fit into a Pi Top . I have been having a hard time with being able to find the files to 3D print a Pi Top case, did your case come with files that I could possibly borrow?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Raspberry Pi and Arduino accessories compatible? Krowyn 6 10,509 10-08-2016, 10:36 AM
Last Post: rohan
  Will the Raspberry Pi 2 camera work nath16 2 4,484 05-29-2016, 07:29 AM
Last Post: nath16
  Raspberry Foundation Scren famazzo 1 3,329 04-04-2016, 09:37 PM
Last Post: MichaelMeissner