Not receiving messages, microphone doesn't work
I stopped getting sms, I updated firmware to the 20211128-2345 release of Phosh, issue persists. I looked at https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=14697, it didn't work, I got
Code:
sudo mmcli -m any--messaging-lists-sms
error: couldn't find modem

I tried downloading modem manager gui, software store yields nothing.

My microphone isn't working for some reason. The microphone level reads when the device is plugged in but not from microphone input. Trying to change settings during a call does nothing. I can hear the other side of the call but they can't hear me.
I don't know what you mean by "I updated firmware to the 20211128-2345 release of Phosh". If you still have original version of the modem firmware, it doesn't understand "any", and you have to give it a modem number, which you can get from "mmcli -L".

In calls, I can’t be heard over my headset unless I plug it in after the call begins.

Unfortunately, the pmOS developers pay next to no attention to the forums or their IRC channels, as if we all want to be part of gitlab.
All of my Pinephones (Brave Heart, PMOS, and Manjaro Editions) have the same factory modem firmware, they all work fine, calls, sms text, data.

* Though this is with "Out of the Box" operating systems.

I have the latest release of PMOS on one of my test phones and it performs very well, and it can do updates from the Store GUI fine every time.

> A month or two back, I did install Gnome pkg updater so I could install Modem Manager GUI, that worked ok at that time.

Back then I did lose 'call audio' one time, but a restart fixed that, and I did not see that problem again.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At the start, it was not yet known that the mms texts could plug the modem cache. (about January 2020)

I was convinced I had a faulty modem, but when we learned to "Clear the modem" I discovered my modem(s) were working just fine.

Now I am glad I never re-flashed any of my modems firmware. !
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
(12-04-2021, 11:45 AM)ypd Wrote: I don't know what you mean by "I updated firmware to the 20211128-2345 release of Phosh". If you still have original version of the modem firmware, it doesn't understand "any", and you have to give it a modem number, which you can get from "mmcli -L".

In calls, I can’t be heard over my headset unless I plug it in after the call begins.

Unfortunately, the pmOS developers pay next to no attention to the forums or their IRC channels, as if we all want to be part of gitlab.

I am referring to https://images.postmarketos.org/bpo/v21....one/phosh/ i.e. the latest build of Phosh PMOS. What would I write after getting the modem number?

I tried plugging in headphones after the start of a call and that worked for the microphone.
(12-05-2021, 12:18 PM)cosmicschock Wrote: I am referring to https://images.postmarketos.org/bpo/v21....one/phosh/ i.e. the latest build of Phosh PMOS. What would I write after getting the modem number?

I had thought maybe you were updating modem firmware. As for the modem number, put it in sudo mmcli -m [whatever number] --messaging-list-sms , and see whether there are MMS messages stuck in there that you might delete to unclog the works.
If you have the 'Modem Manager GUI' App installed,

you can clear your modem cache with just a few 'Clicks'.
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The language I've added on settings doesn't appear Gon 2 1,670 08-15-2022, 01:55 PM
Last Post: Gon
  Calls don't work on Softbank. Cellular data & SMS work. yasmi 1 1,542 03-24-2022, 04:10 AM
Last Post: yasmi
  Chatty stop receiving SMS chadwick 2 2,313 11-08-2021, 04:11 AM
Last Post: chadwick
  should charging through the USB hub work? desca 1 2,775 09-17-2020, 02:35 PM
Last Post: desca
Question Virtual keyboard doesn't show the dollar sign ( $ ) vidarr 2 3,822 09-10-2020, 04:27 PM
Last Post: vidarr
  sxmo image Verizon calls and SMS work! Saliency 8 8,479 08-22-2020, 03:28 AM
Last Post: PureTryOut